Since 1969, Spectrum Health Systems, Inc . has been a leader in the field of alcohol and drug abuse treatment. Our mission is to provide the highest quality of services to individuals seeking treatment for substance abuse and/or mental health issues. We assist our clients in achieving sobriety, sustaining recovery, and fulfilling personal goals in order that they may lead healthier, more productive lives.At Spectrum Health Systems, we take great pride in our organization and in our work. We believe that providing the highest quality service and ensuring that our actions and behaviors are always client-focused place our organization ahead of the rest.
Location: Norfolk, MA - MCI Norfolk and Pondville Correctional Center. Both are all-male correctional facilities in which travel is sometimes required based on institution needs.
Pay rate: $46,000 annually. Salary differential is paid to those who are fluent in the Spanish language.
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours. Monday and Friday 8:00a to 4:00p, may require a evening shift as needed.
The Counselor is responsible for:
- Assessing and evaluating inmate needs.
- Monitoring inmate compliance with all program and Massachusetts Department of Correction (MA DOC) rules and regulations.
- Facilitating classes and group sessions as defined by curriculum and according to Spectrum Health Systems standards.
- Maintaining records in accordance with Spectrum and MA DOC policies and procedures.
- Participating in multi-disciplinary treatment planning, case reviews, conferences and other meetings as directed.
- Providing case management services as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree or equivalent experience in criminal justice, human services, education, or closely related field required.
- DOC experience and CADC or LADC preferred.
- Based on a mandate from Massachusetts Department of Corrections, any Spectrum employee working in a MA DOC facility or pursuant to the MOUD Contract must be fully vaccinated and no exemptions are permitted.
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time off
- 401k with company contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Discounts on wide array of services/entertainment
Spectrum Health Systems is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or
applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability,sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Job Family Counselor
- Job Function Counselor
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $46,000.00
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Norfolk, MA, USA