Full Time Faculty, Pharmacy - Pharmacology
What's next for you is the first priority for us! With over 45 programs from associate to doctoral degrees, South University is a private institution dedicated to providing educational opportunities that spark the intellectual, social and professional development of a diverse student population.
Our 120-year story—past, present and future—is a history formed by the many individuals who have developed the education and spirit of community that have become our pledge to the students, faculty, staff, alumni and supporters of South University. Online and at our 8 locations and 2 learning sites, we take pride in our welcoming environment; one-on-one support and personalized attention that helps students define goals and identify the means to pursue them. Our small classes feature hands-on experiences that not only shape students’ skills and excellence in their chosen fields but also shape their characters through encouraging community involvement, volunteerism and the pursuit of life-long learning.
Visit www.southuniversity.edu today to learn more about what makes us stand apart as a place to Belong, Believe and Become, a place where you can make a difference in the lives of students eager to learn and grow.
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coverage
The Faculty– Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences reports to the -Department Chair. The Faculty ensures program content and delivery are consistently of high quality, reviews curriculum and establishes/assesses student learning outcomes; facilitates the sharing of best practices between campus faculty, and balances local campus interests with program imperatives and the needs of the discipline. Faculty maintain ongoing scholarly activities as assigned.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Provide didactic, laboratory, and small group teaching as well
- Serve as a mentor, advocate and adviser to students and peer faculty members to guide their scholarly development and career aspirations.
- Conduct scholarly activities within the department, school, and university.
- Provide input to management when requested for: planning, budget, personnel resource allocation, program development and implementation for the department.
- Review and recommend modifications to the Department’s goals and objectives annually, aligning them with the Missions and Strategic of South University and the School of Pharmacy.
- Prepare reports and other documents as requested by the administration.
- Assure assigned courses are appropriately updated for catalog narrative, course criteria and descriptions for the department’s contributions to the annual university catalog update are complete, accurate and submitted in a timely manner.
- Assure a positive, cooperative relationship between the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and the school and university staff and faculty at all School of Pharmacy campuses.
- Assist in recruitment and retention of quality faculty and students for all of School of Pharmacy campuses.
- In concert with the Assistant Dean for Operations and other School administrators, provide orientation for faculty and staff within the department.
- Design and provide developmental activities for faculty and staff.
- Perform annual peer faculty teaching evaluations
- Actively promote professionalism and commitment to the profession of pharmacy.
- Attend school and university functions where the presence of faculty and staff are required.
- Attend conferences, seminars, and conventions that are beneficial to the School of Pharmacy and its students.
- Actively and professionally promote the School of Pharmacy and Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences to the public.
- Serve as an advocate and leader for pharmacy in local, state and national pharmacy affairs, appropriately representing the image and
- Serve as assigned on South University or School of Pharmacy Committees as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Campus Dean
- PhD degree in Pharmacology or a related field
- Post-Doctoral research fellowship in Pharmacology or a related field is required
- Prior teaching experience in relevant field, preferred
- Membership in a professional association tied to area of instruction, preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to build successful relationships with student populations
- Computer based skills (i.e., software, analytical, and report writing skills)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, video conference, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess.
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.
- Job Family All Positions
- Job Function Education Teacher, Postsecondary
- Pay Type Salary
- Industry Education
- Required Education Doctorate
- South University Savannah, GA, 709 Mall Boulevard, Savannah, Georgia, United States of America