Clinical Coordinator and Didactic Faculty, Undergraduate Nursing
What's next for you is the first priority for us! With over 45 programs from associate to doctoral degrees, South University is a private institution dedicated to providing educational opportunities that spark the intellectual, social and professional development of a diverse student population.
Our 120-year story—past, present and future—is a history formed by the many individuals who have developed the education and spirit of community that have become our pledge to the students, faculty, staff, alumni and supporters of South University. Online and at our 8 locations and 2 learning sites, we take pride in our welcoming environment; one-on-one support and personalized attention that helps students define goals and identify the means to pursue them. Our small classes feature hands-on experiences that not only shape students’ skills and excellence in their chosen fields but also shape their characters through encouraging community involvement, volunteerism and the pursuit of life-long learning.
Visit www.southuniversity.edu today to learn more about what makes us stand apart as a place to Belong, Believe and Become, a place where you can make a difference in the lives of students eager to learn and grow.
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coverage
The Nursing Clinical Coordinator is responsible for the continuous review, planning, development and general effectiveness of the clinical experiences. He/she has primary responsibility for the scheduling, coordinating and availability of clinical experiences and the incumbent communication between clinical facilities, preceptors, and the University. The Nursing Clinical Coordinator works in collaboration with the Program Director.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- The Nursing Clinical Coordinator is a full time clinical faculty member who:
- Works in Collaboration with the Program Director to ensure sufficient clinical sites.
- Acquire clinical sites for educational experiences of students.
- Serves as faculty (see Faculty Job Description for additional responsibilities).
- Assists in on-going preceptor development.
- Organizes plans and implements a methodology to evaluate clinical experiences.
- Conducts or coordinates on-site evaluations with students to evaluate instructional quality.
- Counsels or refers students with identified performance problems.
- Conducts on-site evaluations with clinical preceptors to insure instructional quality is being maintained and clinical objectives met.
- Assists in maintaining student files.
- Serves on or directs various committees as assigned.
- Assists in providing community education about the nursing program.
- Maintains the highest moral and ethical standards as an educator, as a nursing professional, and as a responsible member of the community
Note: Normally the Nursing Clinical Coordinator will receive a 25% reduction in teaching load to perform these duties. Accreditation, orientation, and other program activities may result in further course teaching reductions occasionally as approved by the Dean of Academic Affairs, in collaboration with the Dean of the College.
- Master’s degree in nursing with a terminal degree preferred.
- Zero to two years experience in instruction or formalized education process, preferably in a post-secondary or college institution.
- Membership in a professional association tied to area of instruction preferred.
- Current knowledge in area of practice.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to build successful relationships with student populations.
- Outstanding conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated time management and detail-oriented skills
- Computer based skills (i.e., software, analytical, and report writing skills)
- Demonstrated clinical competency and professional standards of practice.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet frequently occurring deadlines.
- Ability to develop a professional rapport with diverse school/campus constituents.
- Ability to develop and complete projects without continued direct supervision
- Ability to learn from students’ participation, demonstrates fair and consistent behavior in all matters, and shows compassion without being ineffectual
- Ability to perform with legal and ethical boundaries.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email, video conference and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. In the clinical facility, the employee may be required to perform considerable amount of walking or standing, along with operation of complex equipment. The employee may be exposed to chemicals, fumes, and odors and other potentially unsafe conditions. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description and may required to pass health status clearance by the affiliated agency.
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.
- Job Family All Positions
- Job Function Teacher or Instructor
- Pay Type Salary
- Industry Education
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- South University Montgomery, AL, 5355 VAUGHN ROAD, Montgomery, Alabama, United States of America