General Maintenance Technician- Cannon AFB, NM
Cannon AFB, NM, USA Req #898
Tuesday, June 28, 2022
Solution One Industries, Inc (SOI) serves the Federal, State, Local and Prime sectors by delivering management, training and logistics experience to enhance the technical, logistics support, and service capability of its clients. SOI has been providing administrative and management support, including engineering services, document management, base and logistics support services support to the Department of Defense (DoD), State and Local Governments, other federal agencies and commercial enterprises for several years.
Solution One Industries has opportunities across the US to continue your service to our Nation through government contracting employment. Veterans with and without security clearances are encouraged to apply.
We offer paid holidays, paid time off, numerous health and welfare benefits, retirement plans, and opportunities for career development an advancement and tuition programs.
You can find more information about our services and our company: www.1soi.com.
For opportunities in your area, check out our Careers page at www.1soi.com/careers .
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements.
Location: Cannon AF Base, New Mexico
General Maintenance Technician
Under general supervision the General Maintenance Technician inspects buildings, equipment, and systems for any issues. Schedule repairs for faulty equipment or damaged structures. Perform general maintenance of the facility and grounds. Perform periodic quality checks on all equipment and systems to ensure they are up to standards.
• Respond to service calls, complete property maintenance requirements including, but are not limited to cleaning, painting, interior and exterior decorating and maintenance, plumbing, electrical work, smoke detector maintenance, repair or replacement of lights, roof repairs, heating and air systems maintenance, appliance repairs, etc.
• Repair and fabricate window and door screens and frames.
• Remove floor tile, sheet vinyl, ceramic floor tile and plywood. Remove damaged drywall.
• Respond to and complete on-call after hour emergency and urgent repairs.
• Update work order status including time, materials and notes on mobile devices provided in an accurate and timely manner.
• Complete and submit all required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
• Keep supervisor well-informed of activities, results of efforts, problems identified and potential problems.
• Ensure proper repair and finishing of doors, desks, tables, chairs, and other furniture in the organization to ensure comfort of staff and visitors.
• Carryout detailed evaluation of workshop equipment to ensure that they are in good condition for proper functioning.
• Inspect equipment such as refrigerators and air conditioners from time to time for proper cleaning, speed, temperature, and adequate lubrication.
• Repair and change locks in the building and perform complex lock servicing to ensure maximum safety of all people.
• Perform the installation and repairs of fire and emergency alarms and other appliances that are used to call out for help in cases of emergency.
Physical Environment & Demands
• Work location in an office/shop environment and on job sites, in a construction environment with various tools and construction equipment.
• Work involves use of computers, diagnostic equipment, craft tools, and personal protective equipment as required.
• Work may require the following: sitting, standing, bending, reaching, moving about within the facility, squatting, and stretching.
• As prescribed by laws, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with diagnosed disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Have good knowledge of electricity, carpentry and plumbing among other technical skills.
• Have good knowledge of troubleshooting techniques to determine exact problems and tackle them accordingly.
• Excellent ability to communicate system problems to both co-workers and management for proper understanding.
• Exhibit good mechanical skills to handle equipment to avoid causing injuries to self and others on ground.
• Have the ability to evaluate computer related work orders in accordance with accuracy.
• Utilize the work order management system to receive reactive repair Work Orders to support and document repair activities.
• Provide prompt response to emergency maintenance calls.
• Complete all required training requirements to safely operate equipment and tools.
• Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
• Requires a high school diploma, GED, trade school coursework or apprenticeship.
• General computer knowledge to operate word processing, spreadsheet and internet software applications.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; and to present.
• Information and respond to questions from vendors, customers, management, and others.
• Ability to build effective working relationships with staff, customers, and others.
Solution One is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Solution One is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination.
All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.
Solution One maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Solution One is an E-Verify Employer.
Solution One Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Cannon AFB, NM, USA