Plumber Maintenance (Journeyman) Cannon AFB, NM
Cannon AFB, NM, USA Req #891
Thursday, June 23, 2022
Solution One Industries, Inc (SOI) serves the Federal, State, Local and Prime sectors by delivering management, training and logistics experience to enhance the technical, logistics support, and service capability of its clients. SOI has been providing administrative and management support, including engineering services, document management, base and logistics support services support to the Department of Defense (DoD), State and Local Governments, other federal agencies and commercial enterprises for several years.
Solution One Industries has opportunities across the US to continue your service to our Nation through government contracting employment. Veterans with and without security clearances are encouraged to apply.
We offer paid holidays, paid time off, numerous health and welfare benefits, retirement plans, and opportunities for career development an advancement and tuition programs.
You can find more information about our services and our company: www.1soi.com.
For opportunities in your area, check out our Careers page at www.1soi.com/careers .
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements.
Location: Cannon AF Base, New Mexico
Plumber Maintenance (Journeyman)
Under general supervision the Plumber performs a variety of technical tasks related to installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing heating, water, and drainage systems, according to specifications and plumbing codes.
• Installs, troubleshoots, repairs, and replaces all types of plumbing fixtures, such as sinks, toilets, urinals, flush valves, bathtubs, faucets, water heaters, hot water tanks, garbage disposals, dishwashers, and water softeners.
• Clears all types and sizes of drains with cable machine and jetting machine/high pressure pump truck.
• Repairs all types of water and sewer lines both inside and outside buildings.
• Inspects structure to ascertain obstructions to be avoided to prevent weakening of structure resulting from installation of pipe.
• Locates and marks position of pipe and pipe connections and passage holes for pipes in walls and floors.
• Cuts and threads pipe, using pipe cutters, cutting torch, and pipe threading machine.
• Bends pipe to required angle by use of pipe-bending machine or by placing pipe over block and bending it by hand.
• Cuts openings in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings by using hand tools and power tools.
• Installs valves, pipefittings and pipes composed of metals, such as iron, steel, brass and lead, and nonmetals, such as glass, vitrified clay, and plastic.
• Joins pipes by use of screws, bolts, fittings, solder and plastic solvent and caulks joints.
• Fills pipe system with water or air and reads pressure gauges to determine whether system is leaking.
• Studies building plans and working drawings to determine work aids required and sequence of installations.
• Frequent travel between facilities.
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
Physical Environment & Demands
• Work location in an office/shop environment and on job sites, in a construction environment with various tools and construction equipment.
• Work involves use of computers, diagnostic equipment, craft tools, and personal protective equipment as required.
• Work may require the following: sitting, standing, bending, reaching, moving about within the facility, squatting, and stretching.
• As prescribed by laws, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with diagnosed disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Ability to manage and accurately track material resources and time and adapt to changing work priorities.
• Ability to estimate time and materials, and manage resources; Demonstrated organizational, problem-solving, and common-sense skills.
• Ability to work safely.
• Customer service skills to act responsively to customer inquiries and requests; and escalate the more difficult matters appropriately.
• Communication skills to provide procedural and factual information, and to follow instructions.
• Flexibility to build effective working relationships with staff, customers and others.
• Ability to travel to various facilities, and to work independently and as a team.
• Requires a high school diploma, GED, trade school coursework or apprenticeship.
• Driver’s License and proof of current automobile insurance.
• Proof of State certified and/or licensed journeyman plumber from any US state or territory.
• Must meet all local, state, federal, license requirements that may be required to perform plumbing services in that jurisdiction.
• Journeyman with four years of demonstrated experience as a plumber.
• Advanced knowledge of the tools, equipment, and materials common to the plumbing trade.
• Advanced knowledge of applicable plumbing codes.
• Basic knowledge of the mechanics of operation of equipment such as pumps, boilers, heaters and other plumbing components.
• Skilled in the installation, repair and maintenance of all types of plumbing systems.
• General computer knowledge to operate word processing, spreadsheet and internet software applications.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; and to present.
• information and respond to questions from vendors, customers, management, and others.
• Ability to build effective working relationships with staff, customers, and others.
Solution One is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Solution One is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination.
All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.
Solution One maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Solution One is an E-Verify Employer.
Solution One Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Cannon AFB, NM, USA