HVAC Mechanic (Journeyman) Cannon AFB, NM
Cannon AFB, NM, USA Req #892
Thursday, June 23, 2022
Solution One Industries, Inc (SOI) serves the Federal, State, Local and Prime sectors by delivering management, training and logistics experience to enhance the technical, logistics support, and service capability of its clients. SOI has been providing administrative and management support, including engineering services, document management, base and logistics support services support to the Department of Defense (DoD), State and Local Governments, other federal agencies and commercial enterprises for several years.
Solution One Industries has opportunities across the US to continue your service to our Nation through government contracting employment. Veterans with and without security clearances are encouraged to apply.
We offer paid holidays, paid time off, numerous health and welfare benefits, retirement plans, and opportunities for career development an advancement and tuition programs.
You can find more information about our services and our company: www.1soi.com.
For opportunities in your area, check out our Careers page at www.1soi.com/careers .
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements.
Location: Cannon AF Base, New Mexico
HVAC Mechanic (Journeyman)
Under general supervision, the HVAC Mechanic I performs a variety of technical tasks related to installing, maintaining, and repairing heating, cooling, refrigeration, ventilation, and related systems. Employees in this job class are responsible for operating, maintaining, and repairing all building mechanical equipment and building management systems to ensure operation is within its design capabilities and to achieve proper environmental conditions. This job class requires comprehensive knowledge of HVAC repair and maintenance including understanding federal and state codes, laws, and regulations with regard to environmental and indoor air quality.
• Follows procedures, regulations and guidelines while minimizing errors and safety risks.
• Performs maintenance and service repairs on heating, ventilating, air conditioning systems and other designated equipment.
• Identifies, analyzes, diagnoses and reports on all building system or equipment condition and make recommendations on operational repair, replacement, or upgrade.
• Reviews building equipment operations, scheduled maintenance programs, energy management and equipment status as directed.
• Fabricates, assembles, and installs ductwork and chassis parts.
• Installs evaporator units in chassis or in air-duct systems.
• Installs expansion and discharge valves in circuit. Installs humidifiers into system and connects water and drainpipes. Installs new units or replacement parts for existing units according to specifications and established safety guidelines.
• Cuts and bends tubing to correct length and shape, using cutting and bending equipment and tools. Cuts and threads pipe, using machine-threading or hand- threading equipment. Joins tubing or pipes to various refrigerating units by means of sleeves, couplings or unions, and solders joints, using torch, forming complete circuit for refrigerant.
• May install, repair and service air conditioners, ranging from 15 to 20 tons cooling capacity. Monitors and inspects heating and cooling systems to ensure continued proper operation.
• Investigates problems and performs repairs on various mechanical and electrical equipment in heating, cooling, and ventilation systems.
• Performs preventative maintenance on heating and cooling systems. Observes pressure and vacuum gauges and adjusts controls to insure proper operation. Repair and or replacement of filters, motors, belts, bearings, blower fans, defective breaker controls, thermostats, switches, fuses and electrical wiring for systems and installed units. Tests joints and connections for gas leaks, using gauges or soap-and-water solution. Assesses drain problems and performs any needed repairs.
• Connects motors, compressors, temperature controls, humidity controls, and circulating ventilation fans to control panels and connects control panels to power source.
• Determines amount of airflow required to keep carbon dioxide at a safe level and ensures it is maintained.
• Locates, picks up, and delivers parts required for department needs.
• Reads and interprets technical diagrams and blueprints for the design and specifications of equipment and systems to support planned work.
• Performs all housekeeping functions to maintain a professional appearance of equipment and assigned maintenance spaces.
• Prepares routine records and reports.
• Frequent travel between facilities is required.
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
Physical Environment & Demands
• Work location in an office/shop environment and on job sites, in a construction environment with various tools and construction equipment.
• Work involves use of computers, diagnostic equipment, craft tools, and personal protective equipment as required.
• Work may require the following: sitting, standing, bending, reaching, moving about within the facility, squatting, and stretching.
• As prescribed by laws, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with diagnosed disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Ability to manage and accurately track material resources and time and adapt to changing work priorities.
• Ability to estimate time and materials, and manage resources; Demonstrated organizational, problem-solving, and common-sense skills.
• Ability to work safely.
• Customer service skills to act responsively to customer inquiries and requests; and escalate the more difficult matters appropriately.
• Communication skills to provide procedural and factual information, and to follow instructions.
• Flexibility to build effective working relationships with staff, customers, and others.
• Ability to travel to various facilities, and to work independently and as a team.
• Requires a high school diploma, GED, trade school coursework or apprenticeship.
• Valid driver’s license required for this position at most locations.
• Must maintain an acceptable driving record while in this position.
• Proof of State certified and / or licensed journeyman HVAC technician from any US state or territory, with a current Type 1 and 2 Chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) certification
• Journeyman with a minimum of four or more years of experience in HVAC/refrigeration equipment installation, repair, and maintenance.
Solution One is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Solution One is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination.
All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.
Solution One maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Solution One is an E-Verify Employer.
Solution One Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Cannon AFB, NM, USA