Medical Material Specialist I
Solution One Industries has opportunities across the US to continue your service to our Nation through government contracting employment. Veterans with and without security clearances are encouraged to apply.
We offer paid holidays, paid time off, numerous health and welfare benefits, retirement plans, and opportunities for career development and advancement and tuition programs.
You can find more information about our services and our company: www.1soi.com.
For opportunities in your area, check out our Careers page at www.1soi.com/careers .
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements.
Medical Material Specialist I
The Medical Materiel specialist ensures all assets in medical War Readiness Materiel (WRM) allowance standards are accounted for and managed, establish levels for specific WRM assets on approved allowance standards for WRM assemblages, calculate and document basis of issue for mass casualty first aid bed expansion and force health protection programs, manage and exercise deferred procurement programs, ensure all assigned WRM assemblages are inventoried In Accordance With (IAW), regulatory requirements. Develop a WRM acquisition plan in advance of funding allocation, ensure all assigned WRM assemblages are stored as required; develop activation checklists for logistics activities, brief medical readiness committee on materiel status of all assigned contingency projects, conduct self-inspections, maintain shelf-life extension program, maintain support agreements, and maintain WRM continuity files.
- General warehousing tasks, customer support, requisition, shipping, receiving, building medical kits, inventory management, QA and cargo preparation and deployment, to include medical controlled items stored in a secure location, operation of various materials handling equipment, and utilizing updating DoD MMIS records.
- Requires a basic understanding of inventory management, and medical logistics support instructions, policies and regulations.
- This medical material specialist works under immediate supervision and achieves technical guidance, as required, from a higher-level medical materiel specialist, lead or supervisor.
- Performs all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- This position summary is not intended to be exhaustive.
- Minimum Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of logistics field experience (preferably in Medical Logistics); be familiar with, and able to navigate/utilize, MMIS.
- Must obtain annual influenza inoculations; proof of vaccination is required.
- Site specific clearance requirements will apply
What we offer:
- Comprehensive Healthcare plan
- Vision plan
- Dental plan
- Disability Insurance plan
- Life Insurance plan
- 401(k) with Discretionary Company Matching Incentive
- Paid Federal Holidays
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
Solution One is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Solution One is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination.
All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.
Solution One maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Solution One is an E-Verify Employer.
Solution One Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Charleston, SC, USA