Equipment Engineer - CMP
We have an exciting opportunity at SkyWater for a Chemical Mechanical Polishing (CMP) equipment Engineer!
Summary: As an Equipment Engineer you will own all assigned toolsets. Will use strong troubleshooting skills to define challenging problems in relation to the mechanics, electronics, and process using tool knowledge/experience, FDC, SPC, schematics, and other available resources. This individual with collaborate with the CMP maintenance team and process engineering. Some collaboration required with tool vendors, other area engineers/managers, procurement, and production.
- Provide technical leadership and management to various CMP tools in the CMP area.
- Work with CMP module process engineering and equipment maintenance technicians to drive root cause corrective actions of equipment failures, implement permanent solutions and eliminate chronic and long-term down events.
- Develop and implement equipment upgrades to increase capacity, lower costs, and improve yields.
- Lead continuous improvement teams to drive tool matching, availability, throughput improvements and reduce risk.
- Work with minimal supervision, balancing competing priorities, to serve the needs of the CMP Module, Maintenance and Production organizations.
- Participate in cross-functional teams that create efficiencies across all layers of the organization.
- The job also requires performing other duties as assigned. Percentages of time spent on job duties are estimates and may vary for each position.
Experience and/or Training:
- 5+ years of experience with multiple CMP tools.
- Experience with application of structured problem-solving methodology
- Demonstrated ability to meet requirements and deliver results
- Ability to manage and execute multiple projects simultaneously and shift priorities to meet business needs
U.S. Person Required:
SkyWater Technology Foundry, Inc. subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applications must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Education: Bachelor of Science or in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering or Materials Science, Physics or other relevant Engineering discipline or 5 years’ experience as an equipment technician or equipment engineer.
Experience and/or Training:
- Experience with Automated Fault Detection and Classification Systems (FDC)
- Strong background with utilizing SPC
- High level of understanding of equipment component behavior
Technology/Equipment: Experience with the following tools: Applied Materials Mirra platforms, IPEC Westech CMP, Ontrack systems.
SkyWater Technology is proud to operate as a drug-free workplace. All new hires must complete a pre-employment drug screening.
SkyWater is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, medical conditions, family care or medical leave status, military service or status as a Protected Veteran, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). SkyWater complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning EEO/AA employment. SkyWater complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources at 952-851-5200 or Human_Resources@SkyWatertechnology.com
- Pay Type Salary
- Bloomington, MN, USA