Assistant Tennis Professional
The Aspen Racquet Club is a new, state of the art tennis club in Wooster, OH, which opened its doors for business in January 2018. The club features six cushioned indoor tennis courts, well-appointed locker rooms, a pro-shop, and a mezzanine level observation deck as well as a fitness center. In addition to tennis, the club offers pickleball, pop tennis, table tennis, yoga and other fitness classes.
The Assistant Head Tennis Professional is a full time or part time employee reporting to the Aspen Director of Tennis and the Head Tennis Professional. His or her primary responsibilities will be to teach tennis private and group lessons, organize and manage club junior programs, and grow the club in Wooster and surrounding areas. The Tennis Professional must have a dynamic personality, be passionate about the game of tennis, be flexible and have great communication skills. She or he must understand and execute Aspen branded programs that include USTA progressive red, orange, green, and yellow ball instruction and be responsible for member satisfaction through implementation of student-centered teaching. The position will require evening and weekend availability.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Teaches tennis private lessons and group classes - monitors, demonstrates, and instructs students on proper technique, tactics, and strategies to improve their overall tennis game
- Works with the Director of Tennis and Head Tennis Pro on developing strategies to improve the quality of the club’s junior programs and increase junior participation
- Organizes and promotes club events, tournaments, camps, and programs
- Coordinates with desk staff when necessary to ensure players participating in programs at the club are registered correctly and in a timely manner
- Strings racquets
- Performs other duties as assigned
This position requires:
- 1-3 years of experience instructing tennis
- Advanced tennis skills, including competitive experience in adult and junior tennis
- Current certification with either U.S. Professional Tennis Association (USPTA)/ Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) or willingness to certify
- Strong leadership and enthusiasm for the game of tennis
- Capacity to teach players of all ages and ability
- Experience in organizing tournaments, team and league play, clinics, camps and special programs for members of all ages and ability
- Strong marketing and organizational skills
- Exceptional customer service skills; friendly, outgoing and positive attitude
- Availability to teach during the evenings and weekends
Seaman Corporation is an EEO/AA Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- Wooster, OH 44691, USA