Human Resources Assistant
Seaman Corporation is a privately held company, with a family business culture where people are our number one asset. For more than 70 years, we have honed our expertise in a range of technology platforms, including knitting, weaving, compounding, coating, finishing, printing and fabrication. Today we offer the highest-quality, innovative fabric 'solutions in the world.
Come join a growing company that offers advancement opportunities in an environment that associates can grow, learn and have fun!
- Maintain safety and security of the reception and lobby entrance areas. Maintains logbooks for visitors, company vehicles, and issues guest ID badges.
- Performs a variety of general office duties, such as compiling reports, electronic Laserfiche document management system, scheduling interviews and meetings utilizing Outlook calendars.
- Ensures human resource records are maintained in an accurate and timely manner while ensuring compliance with legal requirements, company policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality for all responsibilities or tasks related to compensation, medical or any other personal information on file. Follows HIPAA compliance requirements, ensuring that associate information is safeguarded at all times.
- Verification of I-9 documentation and maintain filing system according to USCIS guidelines.
- Develop and post communication updates and announcements, and work with a team of associates focused on connecting with the community through fundraising and other support.
- Must have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. Good time management with ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Prepare new-hire orientation packets, materials, agendas, reports, memos, letters, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Assist with planning and organizing company functions, including timely setup and cleanup.
- Receive, sort, and distribute daily mail/deliveries and coordinates special mail/package pickups by FedEx, USPS, or other carriers.
- A valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record is a requirement for this position.
High school education (associate's degree preferred), with a minimum 3-5 years human resource or administrative related experience, or a combination of degree and experience. Strong attention to detail is required.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for commitments; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly.
- Communication: articulates self accurately and appropriately to a variety of audiences through multiple channels.
- Collaboration: works with others across the organization to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Resilience: Adapts to changes; overcomes setbacks and difficulties to accomplish goals.
- Resourcefulness: effectively recognizes, procures, develops, and utilizes resources
Benefits Available Day 1: - Health, Vision and Dental Plan - Health Savings Account w/company contributions - Life Insurance at no cost - Nine paid Holidays - Quarterly and Annual Bonus Incentive Plan Many other benefits including: 401k Retirement Savings Plan w/Company Match (After 30 days) PTO Program
Tuition Reimbursement Program (After 1 year) Milestone celebrations and numerous associate appreciation events throughout the year!
Seaman Corporation is an EEO/AA Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- Bristol, TN, USA