Bristol, TN, USA Req #272
Tuesday, May 3, 2022
At Seaman Corporation, every associate is instrumental to our success. Become a part of our growing team!
The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, with good mechanical and electrical skills with experience in a manufacturing environment. Good understanding of Siemens PLC’s and troubleshooting skills preferred. Job responsibilities include maintaining or repair of plant systems and production equipment. Must be an advocate for safety, able to work with minimal direction and maintain constructive working relationships in a team environment.
WE OFFER A COMPETITIVE WAGE AND BENEFITS PACKAGE:
Pay rate will be based on experience. Shift premium
Hours are 7:00pm - 7:00am, 2/2/3 work schedule
Sign-on Bonus after 90 days
Quarterly and Annual Bonus Incentive Plan
Associate Referral Bonuses
Benefits available on Day 1:
- Health, Vision and Dental Plan
- Health Savings Account w/company contribution
- Life Insurance, AD&D at no cost
- Nine paid Holidays
- Perfect Attendance Awards per quarter and annually
401k Retirement Savings Plan w/Company Match, join after 30 days
Tuition Reimbursement Program after 1 year
Milestone Celebrations and numerous Associate Appreciation Events throughout the year!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Promote safety and safety awareness, properly handling tools and equipment, keeping work area clean, and following posted safety and security policies and procedures.
- Repair machines, equipment, or structures, using tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, wrenches, or equipment such as precision measuring instruments or electrical or electronic testing devices. (Must furnish and use own hand tools (wrenches, pliers, hex keys, socket sets, etc.)
- Assemble, install, or repair wiring, electrical or electronic components, pipe systems, plumbing, machinery, or equipment and troubleshoot electrical problems with the use of a voltmeter or other instrument to test components Dismantle machines, equipment, or devices to access and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, or power tools
- Inspect used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements, using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Perform general construction tasks such as building or remodeling, drywall, painting, carpentry, basic electrical wiring, floor repair, etc.
- Observe mechanical devices in operation, diagnose machine malfunction and determine need for adjustment or repair; use operating and diagnostic touch screens and menus on coating machines and other equipment to monitor conditions, check settings, start or operate equipment to test its performance or troubleshoot mechanical and electrical problems.
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks on plant systems and equipment (i.e. maintain proper oil levels in machines and lubrication of bearings, chains, grippers and grease fittings to prevent malfunctions).
- Maintain boiler, hot oil, cooling tower systems, etc. (i.e. water pressure, pumps, switches, valves);
- Check RTO operation parameters using a touch screen and record findings; drain and dispose waste fluids on a regular schedule.
- Disassemble, move and reassemble plant systems as needed to accommodate changes in the plant layout; reposition existing production machines and lines or the addition of new equipment.
- Interpret machine drawing, sketches, and specifications; read measuring instruments such as dial gauges, micrometers, tape measures, rulers, and levels to setup, position/adjust production machines.
- Utilize software programs such as Step Seven, RS Logix and RS Linx to diagnose and troubleshoot common problems with PLC’s
- Preferred technical degree or certification preferred, Minimum HS Diploma or GED required and 3-5 years related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- WorkKeys Skill Assessments required or NCRC Certificate accepted
- Background and References check
- Pre-Employment Hair Drug Screen
Seaman Corporation is an EEO/AA Employer.
M/F/Disabled/Vet. EEO statement: “Seaman Corporation values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants based on experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, Seaman Corporation is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Seaman Corporation does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform Human Resources.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Bristol, TN, USA