Manufacturing, Calender Line Assistant
Bristol, TN, USA Req #271
Tuesday, May 3, 2022
At Seaman Corporation, every associate is instrumental to our success. Become a part of our growing team!
Manufacturing, Calender Coating Line - 12 hour night shift
Responsible for the safe, smooth, and efficient operation of the Coating Line, during shift, in order to produce high quality products that meet or exceed customer requirements. Ensure standard operating procedures are followed, monitored; review/follow process specification sheets; adjust machines and material requirements based upon job specs for the product; ensure safe and successful production of coated fabrics with minimal downtime, scrap, and product defects.
Hours are 7:00pm - 7:00am, 2/2/3 work schedule
Earn up to $18.25/hr. minimum within four months
Sign-on Bonus after 90 days
Quarterly and Annual Bonus Incentive Plan
Associate Referral Bonuses
Benefits available on Day 1:
- Health, Vision and Dental Plan
- Health Savings Account w/company contribution
- Life Insurance, AD&D at no cost
- Nine paid Holidays
- Perfect Attendance Awards per quarter and annually
401k Retirement Savings Plan w/Company Match, join after 30 days
Tuition Reimbursement Program after 1 year
Milestone Celebrations and numerous Associate Appreciation Events throughout the year!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Ensure standard operating procedures are followed, monitored; ensure adherence to company policy and regulations; review/follow process specification sheets; adjust machines and material requirements based upon job specs for the product; ensures oven temperature meets job specifications prior to running the order; ensure safe and successful production of coated fabrics with minimal downtime, scrap, and product defects.
- Use touch screen control panel to preheat mixer and extruder prior to coating startup; monitor compound coming out of extruder head and adjust extruder screw speed as necessary to maintain a continuous production of coating compound that has a uniform diameter and is free from visible defects.
- Assist line crew members in preparing for a color change by using purging compound to clean out the mixer, clean extruder die heads and screens, remove compound from extruder head using a die grinder; assist Utility Relief with changing out the extruder screw; ensure correct filters are being used in loader and hopper during color change preparation; remove empty compound containers from the line and move full compound containers into position for production.
- Assist Coating Operator, Utility Relief, and Maintenance in performing specified startup, shutdown, and preventative maintenance tasks, as well as changing out rolls; perform total preventative maintenance (TPM) checks by monitoring oil levels in sight glasses and reading pressure gauges; document TPM checklist each shift.
- Use handheld and manual sewing machines to safely make seams within allotted times; ensures seams are straight and non-failing; changes thread and needles on sewing machines.
- Monitor Production Order Schedule to ensure Dry Blend and Elvaloy are on hand for production; complete inventory Forms for each work order or color change and submit with daily paperwork; enter weights of Dry Blend and Elvaloy used for a production run in the Back-end Computer System by scanning compound tickets into the computer and entering the issued amounts; complete material requisition, transfer, and return forms to document amount of materials used, transferred to next order, or returned to inventory.
- Use multiple computer screens and menus in the Production Computer System to enter required data for production, shift, and inventory.
- Alerts appropriate personnel of problems and coordinates activities to resolve them; notifies supervisor promptly of unresolved problems; Diagnoses malfunctions by examining material, measurements, machine print-outs, gauges, and computer screens; fills out Maintenance Work Order and alerts Maintenance Supervisor and Coating Operator when machine/equipment malfunctions occur.
- Promote Lean Sigma Initiative by actively participating in Kaizen events; ensure 5S and housekeeping is completed according to schedule to keep work area is clean and orderly; remove debris from machines and floor; empty scrap bins as needed. Manage and update the QCDS Board daily
HS Diploma/GED required
Previous factory experience helpful, but will train
Some computer skills preferred
All candidates will be required to successfully complete the following:
WorkKeys Assessments or NCRC
Hair Drug Screening
Criminal Background Check
Seaman Corporation is an EEO/AA Employer.
M/F/Disabled/Vet. EEO statement: “Seaman Corporation values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants based on experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, Seaman Corporation is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Seaman Corporation does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform Human Resources.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Bristol, TN, USA