Buildings and Grounds Attendant - Part Time - San Diego Zoo
San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance is a nonprofit international conservation leader, committed to inspiring a passion for nature and creating a world where all life thrives. Empowering people from around the globe to support our mission to conserve wildlife through innovation and partnerships, we support cutting-edge conservation, and bring the stories of our work back to our two world-famous front doors — the San Diego Zoo and San Diego Zoo Safari Park — giving millions of guests, in person and virtually, the opportunity to experience conservation in action. The deep and extensive knowledge gained from more than a century of experience in wildlife care, health, veterinary services, nutrition and conservation makes us invaluable in the global effort to save species. Our team members play a crucial role in driving our conservation efforts forward and bringing us closer to a world where all life thrives.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT OUR MISSION
The Buildings and Grounds Attendant will support San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance’s mission of saving species worldwide by keeping all assigned areas clean, sanitary, safe, and orderly. This position will report to the Buildings and Grounds Supervisor, Manager, and/or Senior Operations Manager.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Maintains cleanliness of tools, equipment and vehicles
- Cleans patios, walkways, streets, and other public areas
- Cleans tables, chairs, benches, signs, umbrellas and awnings
- Empties and cleans trash/recycle containers
- Collects trash and debris
- Sorts recycled materials
- Loads debris and refuse on trucks
- Cleans, maintains and restocks restrooms
- Operates trucks and/or carts used in cleaning operations
- Steam cleans and/or pressure washes bins, grounds, equipment and vehicles
- Cleans interiors of buildings
- Polishes stainless steel and brass surfaces
- Washes windows, cleans walls, blinds and furniture
- Performs minor and routine utility maintenance repairs
- Supports the management team and decisions
- Consistently meets all of the organization and department’s performance standards
- Maintains a high level of professionalism
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
All applicants must be at least 18 years of age to apply. Prior cleaning experience at hotels and/or theme parks a plus. Ability to work a flexible schedule in the afternoon and evening hours between 1:30PM to 10PM on weekends and holidays. This position requires successful completion of physical ability test.
- JOB EXPERIENCE
- Education, training and/or experience which would demonstrate the essential functions, knowledge and skills listed.
- EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Current valid California Driver’s license in good standing
- SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent guest service skills
- Safe work practices and policies
- Methods, materials and equipment used in grounds keeping and custodial work
- Proper handling and usage of cleaning equipment and chemicals
- Basic computer skills
- Multi-tasking and prioritizing
- Working in a fast-paced, high volume diverse team environment·
- Safely operating carts, small and large motor vehicles·
- Safely operating power cleaning equipment and heavy equipment
- Performing heavy manual labor effectively
- Completing work on schedule with minimal supervision
- Dealing tactfully and courteously with the public and employees
- Communicating effectively (verbal and written)
- Working in a diverse team environment and motivate others
- Following directions effectively
- Consistently performing essential job functions
SOME OF THE PERKS YOU WILL ENJOY AS A TEAM MEMBER
- Free admission to the San Diego Zoo and the San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- Family Passes
- Complimentary Tickets
- Local and In-House Discounts
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Position Type: Union Hourly Non-Exempt Position - If selected, there will be fees and dues to be paid to the Union
- Hourly Rate: $15.25
Be an ally for wildlife by joining our team!
At San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance, we thrive on celebrating our differences. Diversity is vital for the benefit of our team members, our guests, our community, and our wildlife.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application, please email your request to email@example.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
As a Federal Contractor, San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance is a drug free workplace
- 2920 Zoo Dr, San Diego, CA 92101, USA