The Server Administrator position will work with all technological aspects of Sandridge Food Corporation (SFC) and MDS, Inc. to provide and support technology access, services and equipment for current operations and for future technological needs. The candidate will manage all servers (Virtual or Physical), manage application databases (MS SQL based) security & backup products, and overlap as needed with the Network and Security, phone systems, as a backup and provide support for desktop hardware, software, printers, security cameras, and handheld devices as needed.
The primary scope of this role is to ensure that SFC systems are capable of meeting production, office staff, and facility needs as well as support the maintenance of existing applications and the development of new technological solutions.
Key Specific Responsibilities:
- Analyzes complex business needs presented by the company and recommends technical solutions
- Review and recommend purchase decisions related to IT hardware and software
- Maintain the organization’s servers, storage, and back-up systems.
- Analysis of SQL Alerts & xEvent Data
- Analysis of scheduled SQL jobs and Failures
- SQL Server and OS patching
- SQL Server Security Audit
- Provide troubleshooting advice and guidance for a wide variety of hardware and software issues
- Ensures the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions
- Maintain vendor contracts for projects, equipment maintenance and software licensing
- Approve all business requirements prior to the technical solution
- Reviews designs and test plans where applicable
- Perform liaison duties between users, operations, and programming personnel in the areas of systems design, modifications or trouble shooting
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 40 lbs.
- Password management, setting up new users, deleting ex-employees, resetting forgotten passwords, monitoring password resets every 90 days.
- Perform cross-platform data imports
- Assist Receiving / asset tracking
- Maintain current software licensing procedures and existing Vendor relationships
- Support remote locations-Feinkost Ingredient Company, SFC Morton, and Lafayette Facility
- Follow all SFC Core Values and be a team player
- Other duties as assigned
- Monitor and maintain server infrastructure hardware and software
- Monitor and maintain server back-ups including off-site and long-term archives
- Understand the functionality and configuration of routers, firewalls, and switches
- Provide assistance as required for the installation of infrastructure hardware and software
- Troubleshoot, repair, and replace faulty hardware and/or software
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software and hardware, and configuring systems and applications
- Maintain an asset database including all hardware, software, and licensing
- Availability for 24/7 on-call support
Qualifications for Position:
- Preferred, but not limited to, a two-year degree in Information Technology or a four-year degree in
- Computer Science or five to eight years of related industry experience
- Any of the following industry-recognized certifications:
- CompTIA: A+, Network+, Security+
- Microsoft: MCP, MCSE, MCSA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCM
- Cisco: CCENT, CCNA, CCNP
- 3. Ability to perform all essential functions as listed in the job description in a fast-paced environment and with a minimum of supervision.
- 4. Three to five years of experience managing or supervising corporate technology operations--preferred
What we offer
- Health Care Benefits
- Competitive pay rates for ALL of our positions
- FUN Company sponsored events!
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular Full-Time
- Medina, OH 44256, USA