Dining Services - Cook
The Cook is responsible for the daily preparation and presentation of food for residents and guests.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
1. Practice The Sage Way and Live the Values – Commit to and demonstrate the We Care Values & Sage Promises
• Work as a Team – Willingly cooperates, assists others and works collaboratively. Receives feedback and training with an open mind and willingness to improve performance.
• Exceptional Service Always – Consistently provides excellent service to all residents and colleagues. Demonstrates the “culture of yes” in words and actions. Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
• Commitment to the Sage Community – Understands SageLife’s mission and lives the “We Care” core values. Does whatever it takes to get the job done.
• Anticipate Residents’ Needs – Ensures that Residents’ needs are met in a timely manner by proactively responding to care and service requests. Be conscientious – take initiative to identify and communicate issues.
• Respect for Residents, their Families and Each Other – Ensures all interactions with Residents, Family Members, Guests and Colleagues are in a welcoming, caring and non-judgmental manner. Demonstrates fairness, empathy, and compassion in actions and communications with others.
• Exercise Common Sense – Makes decisions based on SageLife Core Values, within scope of job responsibility and what is best for residents. Takes responsibility for words and actions and takes pride in one’s work and oneself. Demonstrates commitment to excellence, safety and cleanliness.
2. Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
3. Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications.
4. Monitor delivery, storage, inventory, and security of all food and supplies during shift. Check vendor deliveries for quality and accuracy of quantities received.
5. Maintain the cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of the kitchen and kitchen equipment during shift.
6. Keep current with state and facility required annual training.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
High school or GED equivalent.
Minimum of one year’s experience as a cook.
Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation, and food handling procedures.
Must be able to work well in a team environment and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
Licensures and Certifications:
Current First Aid and CPR certifications preferred.
ServSafe certification a plus.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Able to lift, push, pull, and/or carry up to 25 pounds without assistance.
Able to hear, speak, bend, stoop, stand, reach as needed.
Able to walk up and down 4 flights of stairs.
Able to carry out responsibilities according to company or state guidelines and with limited or no supervision.
Large and small kitchen equipment and appliances, knives, cutters, peelers and other kitchen hand tools.
Able to stay beyond scheduled shift in the event of an emergency or inclement weather.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Maples of Stoneleigh, 812 Regester Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America