Full Time Dishwasher/Utility
Maples Of Towson, 7925 York Road, Towson, Maryland, United States of America
Monday, April 26, 2021
Our Communities are as unique as you. Hiring skilled people like you is what makes our Communities a Great Place to Live and a Great Place to Work! If you have a passion for working with seniors in a rewarding environment, we are looking for you to join our team!
Director of Dining Services
The Utility Associate is responsible for the clearing and cleanliness of all items related to food service, and shall assist in dining and food preparation operations as needed.
These activities will fulfill the SageLife Mission and demonstrate the We Care Values and the Sage Associate Promise.
OUR WE CARE VALUES
Work as a Team
Exceptional Service Always
Commitment to the Sage Community
Anticipate Residents’ Needs
Respect for Residents, their Families and
Exercise Common Sense
SAGE ASSOCIATE PROMISE
Live the Values
Take Pride in My Work & Myself
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
1. Practice The Sage Way and Live the Values – Commit to and demonstrate the We Care Values & Sage Promises
· Work as a Team – Willingly cooperates, assists others and works collaboratively. Receives feedback and training with an open mind and willingness to improve performance.
· Exceptional Service Always – Consistently provides excellent service to all residents and colleagues. Demonstrates the “culture of yes” in words and actions. Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
· Commitment to the Sage Community – Understands SageLife’s mission and lives the “We Care” core values. Does whatever it takes to get the job done.
· Anticipate Residents’ Needs – Ensures that Residents’ needs are met in a timely manner by proactively responding to care and service requests. Be conscientious – take initiative to identify and communicate issues.
· Respect for Residents, their Families and Each Other – Ensures all interactions with Residents, Family Members, Guests and Colleagues are in a welcoming, caring and non-judgmental manner. Demonstrates fairness, empathy, and compassion in actions and communications with others.
· Exercise Common Sense – Makes decisions based on SageLife Core Values, within scope of job responsibility and what is best for residents. Takes responsibility for words and actions and takes pride in one’s work and oneself. Demonstrates commitment to excellence, safety and cleanliness.
2. Set up and run the dishwashing operation, and clean pots and pans as needed.
3. Assist with the cleaning of the kitchen, including walls and floors. Ensure that all garbage is disposed of properly.
4. Assist with cleaning and detailing large pieces of kitchen equipment as required by management.
5. Assist in the preparation of food items as needed.
6. Keep current with state and facility required annual training.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
High school or GED equivalent.
Must be able to work well in a team environment and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
Licensures and Certifications:
Current First Aid and CPR certifications a plus.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Able to lift, push, pull, and/or carry up to 50 pounds without assistance.
Able to hear, speak, bend, stoop, stand, reach as needed.
Able to walk up and down four flights of stairs.
Able to carry out responsibilities according to company or state guidelines and with limited or no supervision.
Large and small kitchen equipment, pot washing and ware washing equipment.
Able to stay beyond scheduled shift in the event of an emergency or inclement weather.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.