Health & Wellness - LPN
Great Place To Work
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
1. Practice The Sage Way and Live the Values – Commit to and demonstrate the We Care Values & Sage Promises
· Work as a Team – Willingly cooperates, assists others and works collaboratively. Receives feedback and training with an open mind and willingness to improve performance.
· Exceptional Service Always – Consistently provides excellent service to all residents and colleagues. Demonstrates the “culture of yes” in words and actions. Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
· Commitment to the Sage Community – Understands SageLife’s mission and lives the “We Care” core values. Does whatever it takes to get the job done.
· Anticipate Residents’ Needs – Ensures that Residents’ needs are met in a timely manner by proactively responding to care and service requests. Be conscientious – take initiative to identify and communicate issues.
· Respect for Residents, their Families and Each Other – Ensures all interactions with Residents, Family Members, Guests and Colleagues are in a welcoming, caring and non-judgmental manner. Demonstrates fairness, empathy, and compassion in actions and communications with others.
· Exercise Common Sense – Makes decisions based on SageLife Core Values, within scope of job responsibility and what is best for residents. Takes responsibility for words and actions and takes pride in one’s work and oneself. Demonstrates commitment to excellence, safety and cleanliness.
2. Responsible for care, medication and treatment delivery for residents.
3. Supervise the Resident Assistants, providing education, evaluations and counseling when needed, ensuring that they are delivering superior care to residents and demonstrating the We Care values and Sage Associate Promise.
4. Responsible for the administration, storage and accountability of medication and treatments. Ensure medications and treatments are administered and properly documented. Administer medications and treatments when required.
5. Supervise Medication Technicians to ensure properly delivery of medications.
6. Complete all documentation protocols for daily care, emergency care, monthly reports, charting, and medication management. Ensure that all documentation complies with HIPAA regulations.
7. Document all care in the Electronic Health Records (EHR) system.
8. Ensure Resident Assistants are properly documenting care in the EHR system.
9. Report resident concerns or changes to the Health & Wellness Director.
10. Keep current with state and facility required annual training.
Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
Minimum of three years’ experience in personal and/or long term care with at least one year in a supervisory role.
Knowledge and competency in medication administration and familiarity with personal care regulations and procedures. Highly committed to resident care and have strong organizational, computer, interpersonal and communication skills.
Licensures and Certifications:
Licensed Practice Nurse or Registered Nurse in Maryland.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds and exert 50 pounds of force.
Able to bend, kneel, squat, stand, and stoop as needed.
Able to safely transfer a resident to/from a wheelchair.
Able to walk up/down 4 flights of stairs.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Maples Of Towson, 7925 York Road, Towson, Maryland, United States of America