Clnical Nurse Navigator - Nurse Practitioner
Clinical Nurse Navigator – Nurse Practitioner
At RestorixHealth, our mission is simple…to restore health and improve the quality of life!
Coming from a Case Management and acute care background, the Clinical Nurse Navigator is responsible for the coordination and communication of care of clinic patients throughout the course of treatment. The Clinical Nurse Navigator will serve as the ambassador across the continuum of care. This person fosters a team approach working among qualified healthcare providers to ensure the best outcome for the patient, working with the outpatient team, hospital case managers, discharge planners and other healthcare team members to coordinate, communicate and educate all of those involved in the care of the patient.
Tracking patients from outpatient to inpatient or other care facilities; communicating with nursing and other staff members to ensure adherence to the clinical pathway is followed throughout the continuum of care, working with case management to monitor care plan and length of stay.
What We Offer:
- Monday – Friday schedule, no weekends
- Internal ongoing education opportunities
- Competitive compensation
- Great work/life balance
What You’ll Do:
- Is responsible for the successful implementation and ongoing management of clinical pathways in conjunction with standards, protocols, guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Rounds on patients and assists with discharge planning.
- Prepares analysis and develops/implements action plan for changes/improvements as appropriate.
- Tracks patients along care continuum; keeps electronic records and reports; makes recommendations, writes orders and acts as appropriate to ensure continued success.
- Maintains relationships with hospital nursing staff, including case managers and discharge planners to ensure ongoing and vital communication from admission to discharge.
- Is an integral member of the quality management team and participates in the Performance Improvement program.
- Attends and coordinates case conferences and reports on metrics related to the care coordination of the patients.
- Develops effective relationship with and maintains ongoing communications with hospital case managers and discharge planners.
- Tracks and reports regular program metrics as specified and, on an ad-hoc basis.
- With the Program Director, plans in-service education lectures to partner skilled nursing, home health, and long-term care nursing and medical staff
- Monitors trends in market area, providing educational presentations and in-services as needed and as opportunities arise while surveilling patients in skilled nursing facilities (SNFs) or other post discharge setting.
- Current NP License required in state.
- Minimum two (2) years’ healthcare experience acute care hospital setting
- Demonstrated leadership, teaching, communication, problem solving, negotiation and organization skills.
- Experience in Case Management
- Experience in Wound Care a plus
At RestorixHealth, we grow talent. When you join our team, you have the opportunity to develop your career based on your strengths and potential, including the possibility to move functionally, geographically, laterally and vertically. This is a career destination for engaged, caring, passionate and talented people who want to make a difference. We are the leader in the development and management of comprehensive wound healing and Amputation Prevention Center facilities.
RestorixHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or marital status.
- Pay Type Salary
- Knoxville, TN, USA