Senior Manager, Financial Services
About the Company:
Regency Centers Corporation (Nasdaq: REG)Regency Centers is a preeminent national owner, operator, and developer of shopping centers located in suburban trade areas with compelling demographics. Our portfolio includes thriving properties merchandised with highly productive grocers, restaurants, service providers, and best-in-class retailers that connect to their neighborhoods, communities, and customers. Operating as a fully integrated real estate company, Regency Centers is a qualified real estate investment trust (REIT) that is self-administered, self-managed, and an S&P 500 Index member. For more information, please visit RegencyCenters.com.
About this Opportunity:
Regency Centers is seeking an experienced Senior Manager, Financial Services – Underwriting & Due Diligence to join one of our Texas regional offices located in Dallas or Houston. This individual will be responsible for ensuring that Regency is making well-informed and sound investment decisions based on all relevant facts and circumstances by managing the underwriting, financial analysis and due diligence functions associated with acquisition, development, re-development and/or leasing of shopping centers.
- Prepares financial models utilizing Argus and Excel, and reviews and creates investment pro formas to ensure consistent application of underwriting standards.
- Performs due diligence functions including lease & file review, environmental assessment, title & survey review, physical inspection, confirmation of zoning & entitlements, and estoppel tracking & review.
- Ensures the financial results of the due diligence findings are accurately reflected in the underwriting model.
- Reviews PSAs and Joint Venture Agreements to ensure compliance with Regency requirements.
- Conducts local market research to gather competitive business intelligence in support of investment opportunities.
- Tracks significant contract dates and posts/tracks escrow deposits.
- Prepares comprehensive investment packages for consideration by Capital Allocation Committee.
- Closes and transitions new investments into the Regency portfolio.
- Supervises, manages, and develops direct reports
- Evaluates tenant financial health, provides financial analysis to Investment and Leasing departments, and provides financial and operational analysis of the operating portfolio for a particular region or sub-region.
- Maintains financial models for in-process developments to aid in forecasting and project management review, and provides associated monthly updates of MDM and DSR (forecasting models).
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years of relevant professional experience in underwriting and due diligence for retail real estate developments and acquisitions
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Advanced level proficiency with Argus, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Demonstrated comprehension of finance and accounting principles, particularly as they relate to real estate
- Strong understanding of real estate fundamentals and how they impact value
- Ability to read and understand legal documents such as leases and joint venture agreements
- Post graduate degree/MBA
- Exceptional quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Priority setting, organization, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Customer focus
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive compensation and benefits package includes a 401(k) profit sharing plan with company match, medical insurance with prescription drug coverage, dental insurance including coverage for orthodontics, vision insurance, an incentive-based wellness program, flexible spending accounts, paid parental leave and compassion leave, company-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance, company-paid life insurance, educational assistance, matching charitable gifts, flexible paid time off, and paid holidays.
- Pay Type Salary
- 3200 Kirby Dr, Houston, TX 77098, USA