Manager, Financial Services, Underwriting & Due Diligence
About the Company:
Regency Centers Corporation (Nasdaq: REG) Regency Centers is a preeminent national owner, operator, and developer of shopping centers located in suburban trade areas with compelling demographics. Our portfolio includes thriving properties merchandised with highly productive grocers, restaurants, service providers, and best-in-class retailers that connect to their neighborhoods, communities, and customers. Operating as a fully integrated real estate company, Regency Centers is a qualified real estate investment trust (REIT) that is self-administered, self-managed, and an S&P 500 Index member. For more information, please visit RegencyCenters.com.
About this Opportunity:
Regency Centers is seeking a Manager, Financial Services, Underwriting and Due Diligence. This role will be based out of one of the following regional office locations: Jacksonville FL, Tysons Corner VA, Westport CT, Philadelphia PA, Atlanta GA, Raleigh NC, Boca Raton FL, or Tampa FL. This individual will, with appropriate supervision, manage the inherent risks in the underwriting, financial analysis, and due diligence functions associated with the acquisition, development, and/or re-development of shopping centers to ensure that Regency is making well-informed investment decisions based on all relevant facts and circumstances.
- Prepares financial models for potential acquisition, development, and redevelopment opportunities utilizing Argus and Excel and reviews and creates investment pro forma to ensure consistent application of underwriting standards.
- Prepares comprehensive investment packages and memos for consideration by Capital Allocation Committee.
- Performs due diligence functions including lease and file review, environmental assessment, title and survey review, physical inspection, confirmation of zoning and entitlements, estoppel tracking and review, and close / transition new investments into Regency’s operating portfolio.
- Reviews PSAs and Joint Venture Agreements to ensure compliance with Regency requirements, and tracks pertinent dates and deposit requirements.
- Conducts local market research to gather competitive business intelligence in support of investment opportunities.
- Evaluates tenant financial health and provides financial analysis to the Investment and Leasing departments
- Maintains financial models for in-process developments (aids in forecasting and project management and review) & associated monthly updates of MDM and DSR (forecasting models)
- Performs ad hoc analyses in support of the organizations overall goals and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Post graduate/MBA degree, preferred
- Minimum of 3 to 6 years of relevant professional experience underwriting and conducting due diligence on retail real estate developments, redevelopments, and acquisitions
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Knowledge of commercial real estate industry and development
- Advanced knowledge of financial modeling for real estate acquisitions and developments
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Argus and MS Office Suite
- Demonstrated comprehension of finance and accounting principles, particularly as they relate to real estate
- Strong understanding of real estate fundamentals and return metrics, and how they impact value
- Ability to read and understand legal documents such as leases, purchase and sale contracts, and joint venture agreements
- Exceptional quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Priority setting, organization, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive compensation and benefits package includes a 401(k) profit sharing plan with company match, medical insurance with prescription drug coverage, dental insurance including coverage for orthodontics, vision insurance, an incentive-based wellness program, flexible spending accounts, paid parental leave and compassion leave, company-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance, company-paid life insurance, educational assistance, matching charitable gifts, flexible paid time off, and paid holidays.
- Pay Type Salary
- 1 Independent Dr, Jacksonville, FL 32202, USA
- 1919 Gallows Rd, Vienna, VA 22182, USA
- 2068 Clark Ave, Raleigh, NC 27605, USA
- 2700 N Military Trl, Boca Raton, FL 33431, USA
- 28 Church Ln, Westport, CT 06880, USA
- 3715 Northside Pkwy NW, Atlanta, GA 30327, USA
- 4041 Park Oaks Blvd, Tampa, FL 33610, USA
- Philadelphia, PA, USA