Director of Asset Management Reporting
Quarterra Group, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Lennar Corporation (NYSE:LEN and LEN.B), is a multi-strategy, real estate focused, alternative asset management company comprised of two rapidly growing verticals: Multifamily and Single-Family Rental. Launched in 2011, Quarterra Multifamily, previously known as LMC, is among the nation's most active developers, builders, and managers and has been on the National Multi-Housing Council’s (NMHC) annual Top 50 list for eight consecutive years. Quarterra Single-Family Rental launched in 2020 to provide individuals, couples, and families who prefer to rent over home ownership the opportunity to live in exceptional neighborhoods with great amenities. It is anticipated that Quarterra will spin-off from Lennar and become an independent, NYSE listed, Alternative Asset Manager later this year under ticker symbol "Q". For additional information, please visit Quarterra.com.
Summary of Position:
The Director of Asset Management Reporting will be part of the single-family rental investment platform division (QSFR) and will serve as the liaison between the QSFR investment accounting team, investment management team, and third-party property managers. The Director will serve as a dedicated resource aimed at holding third-party property managers accountable for accounting accuracy and driving property performance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reviews, including deep dive analysis into budget to actual variances and presenting findings to QSFR leadership and investors.
- Monitor key property performance indicators to measure financial returns.
- Provide oversight and approval of property level accounting, including monitoring the implementation of accounting policies, property level balances, and reporting.
- Develop and implement key financial metrics, operational systems, and processes to maintain the business.
- Assist with community, MSA, and venture level annual budgets and mid-year reforecasts.
- Work closely with the investment management team to perform quarterly distribution analyses.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- CPA preferred.
- 7+ years of progressive experience within Accounting or Finance, experience within asset management or investments preferred.
- SFR industry experience.
- Influential communication skills and the ability to liaise and articulate complex data and consultants and all levels of an organization.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Director of Asset Management Reporting to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associate. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Quarterra Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer that prides itself on diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, pregnancy or related condition, protected status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Quarterra Group believes diversity and inclusion among our Associates is critical to our success and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
- Pay Type Salary
- Charlotte, NC, USA