Senior Property Accountant
Quarterra Group, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Lennar Corporation (NYSE:LEN and LEN.B) is a multi-strategy, real estate focused, alternative asset management company comprised of two rapidly growing verticals: Multifamily and Single-Family Rental. Launched in 2011, Quarterra Multifamily, previously known as LMC, is among the nation’s most active developers, builders, and managers and has been on the National Multi-Housing Council’s (NMHC) annual Top 50 list for eight consecutive years. Quarterra Single-Family Rental launched in 2020 to provide individuals, couples, and families who prefer to rent over home ownership the opportunity to live in exceptional neighborhoods with great amenities. It is anticipated that Quarterra will spin-off from Lennar and become an independent, NYSE listed, Alternative Asset Management later this year under ticker symbol “Q”. For additional information, please visit Quarterra.com.
Summary of Position:
The Senior Accountant is responsible for assisting the Division Controller and Assistant Controller in all financial reporting and accounting related services required by corporate accounting. The Senior Accountant helps with month end close for the division and a portfolio of assets in joint ventures, prepares reports for internal and external customers, and assists with division business plans and projections.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure timelines in the monthly financial closing schedule are met.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages including joint venture reports.
- Enter and review the proper recording, maintenance, and updates of all job cost budget revisions.
- Assist in the formation and monitoring of joint ventures and transactional closings by operating agreements and/or loan agreements.
- Draft capital calls to joint venture partners based on the cash needs of the venture.
- Prepare or review joint venture construction loan draws.
- Help coordinate and prepare schedules for annual joint venture audits and tax returns.
- Assist with budget preparation and prepare monthly budget variance analysis.
- Participate in the preparation of division forecast and annual business plan.
- Coordinate with tax consultant on property taxes, sales and use taxes and appeals.
- Document and evaluate internal controls.
- Assist with the division’s adherence to corporate policies and procedures.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required.
- Experience with joint venture and public accounting preferred.
- CPA highly preferred.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
- Progressive accounting experience required.
- Proven team player and leader that can work quickly, accurately and independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize while managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Professional demeanor and attitude with the ability to represent the company in a positive manner.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Senior Accountant to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
- Pay Type Salary
- Irving, TX, USA