Quarterra Group, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Lennar Corporation (NYSE:LEN and LEN.B), is a multi-strategy, real estate focused, alternative asset management company comprised of two rapidly growing verticals: Multifamily and Single-Family Rental. Launched in 2011, Quarterra Multifamily, previously known as LMC, is among the nation's most active developers, builders, and managers and has been on the National Multi-Housing Council’s (NMHC) annual Top 50 list for eight consecutive years. Quarterra Single-Family Rental launched in 2020 to provide individuals, couples, and families who prefer to rent over home ownership the opportunity to live in exceptional neighborhoods with great amenities. It is anticipated that Quarterra will spin-off from Lennar and become an independent, NYSE listed, Alternative Asset Manager later this year under ticker symbol "Q". For additional information, please visit Quarterra.com.
Summary of Position:
The Service Supervisor oversees and performs technical and mechanical work that ensures the interior and exterior of buildings, grounds, amenities, and common areas of the community meet the Company’s standards for cleanliness, appearance, safety, and overall functionality by performing maintenance-related tasks. Their primary responsibility is the maintenance of the community, including overall inspections, repairs, and general maintenance of market-ready apartments and other interior/exterior areas. In addition, they will lead the maintenance team by delegating, supervising, and directing the work of the department.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Community Manager to develop standards for the cleanliness and overall appearance of the apartment community’s grounds, amenities, building exteriors, market ready apartment interiors, breezeways, curbs, signage, leasing office, central garbage areas, parking lots, and other buildings and common areas to ensure that they reflect and represent the high quality of the community’s and Company’s standards.
- Responsible as team leader, for the training and supervision of the maintenance team.
- Collaborate with the Community Manager in hiring, interviewing, training, and completing performance reviews.
- Oversee and complete the “make-ready” process to prepare vacant apartment homes for leasing and new move-ins by completing the pre-move-out inspection, creating a “punch” list of maintenance work needed, scheduling vendors and contractors as needed, obtaining needed supplies and materials, completing all maintenance tasks, and inspecting completed work.
- Inspect work performed by other service team members to assess effectiveness of policies and procedures and work with the Community Manager to develop corrective action plans as needed.
- Review work performed by contractors, vendors, and other service providers to verify the work, materials and services meet quality standards, scope and specifications as required.
- Maintain adequate inventory of spare parts and maintenance materials and work with Community Manager to order supplies and tools as needed to stay within budgetary guidelines.
- Assist Community Manager in developing the budget for regular repair and maintenance and capital expenses.
- Complete monthly Preventative Maintenance procedures as outlined in the Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Support cost-cutting and expense control programs by fixing rather than replacing parts when possible, not being wasteful with materials and supplies, and practicing the correct use for tools and equipment.
- Conduct regularly scheduled company safety meetings, ensure all MSDS sheets are current and readily accessible, and keep up to date on all OSHA and other safety related laws and requirements to ensure community compliance.
- Follow established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to areas of responsibility and reporting violations or infractions appropriately.
- Schedule and perform minor and routine maintenance on all appropriate equipment on a regular basis.
- Complete documentation and other paperwork timely and accurately so that service requests can be appropriately documented, tracked and completed.
- Keep abreast of current changes in technology, processes, and standards within the industry and areas of responsibility by attending internal and external training classes.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in property management maintenance or equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years of Maintenance Supervisor or equivalent experience is strongly preferred.
- Must have EPA certifications Type I and II or Universal for refrigerant recycling (Applies to Certified Service Technicians).
- Must have all certifications as required by State and Local jurisdictions (Applies to both Certified and Non-Certified Service Technicians).
- Must provide own hand tools unless prohibited by State law and must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of hand tools, power tools, user-moved aids, mechanical equipment and measuring devices.
- Proficiency in customer service and interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively interact with residents, clients, team members, and other business contacts, respond courteously to questions and requests, and stay calm when addressing and resolving customer problems.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computers, the internet, word processing, spreadsheet, and database management programs in order to maintain records of information and develop and provide information for Company’s use. (Property management system experience is preferred.)
This is a position which requires the Service Supervisor to frequently walk, stand and climb stairs in/around apartment homes, models and properties. Must also have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
#SK #LI-SK #LI-PMT
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associate. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Quarterra Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer that prides itself on diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, pregnancy or related condition, protected status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Quarterra Group believes diversity and inclusion among our Associates is critical to our success and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Nashville, TN, USA