Quarterra Group, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Lennar Corporation (NYSE:LEN and LEN.B), is a multi-strategy, real estate focused, alternative asset management company comprised of two rapidly growing verticals: Multifamily and Single-Family Rental. Launched in 2011, Quarterra Multifamily, previously known as LMC, is among the nation's most active developers, builders, and managers and has been on the National Multi-Housing Council’s (NMHC) annual Top 50 list for eight consecutive years. Quarterra Single-Family Rental launched in 2020 to provide individuals, couples, and families who prefer to rent over home ownership the opportunity to live in exceptional neighborhoods with great amenities. It is anticipated that Quarterra will spin-off from Lennar and become an independent, NYSE listed, Alternative Asset Manager later this year under ticker symbol "Q". For additional information, please visit Quarterra.com.
Summary of Position:
The Development Accountant will support the Division Controller team by performing a range of general financial reporting and accounting duties related to multifamily development.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the monthly financial close process and prepare and input journal entries.
- Prepare JV financial statements and variance analysis.
- Prepare monthly loan draw packages and review construction pay applications.
- Assist in the monthly budget reviews with the development team and update job cost budget summary schedules.
- Perform balance sheet account analysis and other analytical procedures as needed.
- Work with the development team and AP closely to organize, code, and submit vendor invoices for payment.
- Manage cash balance on bank accounts and prepare wire transfer requests.
- Assist in the compliance of Accounting and Accounts Payable policy and procedures.
- Perform ad hoc accounting assignments as requested by management.
- Cross train for position(s) within the division organizational structure from time to time, as required by the division.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- 1-3 years of accounting experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word and Excel).
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Timberline, Sage experience is a plus.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Development Accountant to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associate. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Quarterra Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer that prides itself on diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, pregnancy or related condition, protected status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Quarterra Group believes diversity and inclusion among our Associates is critical to our success and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
- Pay Type Salary
- Charlotte, NC, USA