Summary of Position:
The Senior Superintendent is responsible for maintaining project goals, schedule, and overall quality of projects. Supporting the Director of Construction, the Senior Superintendent advocates and mentors on-site field Associates and supervises the work of subcontractors. As an essential member of the construction team, they ensure project compliance with all building codes and governing authorities’ requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all construction administrative functions on the project.
- Conduct material take-off prior to construction to schedule subcontractors, purchase order deliveries, and verifies quantities.
- Create final project schedule along with the Director of Construction and assist with providing qualified trades for the bidding process.
- Aid in compilation of and review all subcontractor scopes.
- Oversee subcontractor submittals to construction and development departments.
- Create and maintain site logistics plan.
- Ensure as-builts & SWPPP/BMP progress maps are maintained.
- Prepare and maintain the daily work log.
- Create and manage RFI’s.
- Initiate project progression photos.
- Provide construction status at OAC meetings.
- Monitors subcontractors’ work is in compliance with the comprehensive project safety program and assist with OSHA inspections.
- Conduct exit meeting with 3rd party inspectors.
- Review and approve subcontractors’ and suppliers’ pay requests.
- Oversee project close-out including finalizing as-builts and collecting close-out documents.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years of Superintendent experience is required.
- Extensive multifamily construction experience is required.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma is required, Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field is preferred.
- Knowledge of construction management theory and practice.
- Must have thorough knowledge of multifamily trades, ability to analyze construction documents, and ability to read blueprints.
- Knowledge of construction building codes and building methods.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Project Manager to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
- Pay Type Salary
- Anaheim, CA, USA