Accounts Payable Manager
Summary of Position:
The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for directing and managing of the Accounts Payable associates. This role includes processing and payment of invoices, generating reports, and various other accounting functions. The manager will assist with all reconciliation, reporting, and payment remittance with the Accounting Team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direction of Accounts Payable staff and processes.
- Process invoices including obtaining proper approvals, verifying account coding, agreement of invoice amounts to contracts and purchase orders, and verifying mathematical accuracy of support.
- Prepare weekly payment register, verify accuracy, and obtain approval from the Controller before submitting check requests.
- Route invoices and check requests for approval. Prepare manual checks/wires if needed.
- Research and resolve pending invoices to allow for timely processing and ensure their accuracy.
- Scan invoices and check requests to the network for retention and audit support purposes.
- Frequent contact with other departments to research and resolve problems.
- Review document history (test for double payments, coding inconsistencies, duplicate commitments, etc.).
- Create and maintain vendor setup and exceptions.
- Perform wire/ACH processing as necessary.
- Process utility invoice approvals and recording payments.
- Process intercompany wires and payments.
- Assist with and maintain current 1099 history on required vendors and complete 1099 filings at year-end.
- Meet all required time schedules and month end deadlines.
- Compile payroll data monthly for payable upload via Excel/pivot table.
- Assist Property Management Controller in the development of policies and procedures.
- Conduct training on Accounts Payable topics.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor of Science degree with emphasis in accounting and finance preferred.
- 3-5 years’ minimum general accounts payable experience required. Public company experience and/or multifamily or construction industry experience preferred.
- Previous management experience and/or demonstrated career progression preferred.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills with an attention to detail.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Advanced PC skills with strong emphasis in Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with Sage/Timberline and Timberscan or any other comparable systems a plus.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Accounts Payable Manager to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
- Pay Type Salary
- Irving, TX, USA