Summary of Position:
The Field Engineer, under direct supervision, assists the Project Manager and Superintendent in managing the subcontractors and suppliers on a project site. The Field Engineer is integral to the monitoring of activities at construction sites. They work to ensure that construction progresses as scheduled and that contract specifications are adhered to.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Submit daily reports and weekly safety meeting minutes.
- Accept deliveries, verify quantities, and note any discrepancies.
- Prepare and submit daily man count reports that document the number of workers on the construction site in the morning and afternoon.
- Review construction documents for problems and conflicts.
- Update and monitor all construction documents with changes.
- Examine and thoroughly walk site, looking for unsafe practices, unauthorized personnel, product deficiencies or improper construction methods and reports all unsafe work practices to supervisor.
- Inspect all foundations prior to concrete placement, verify dimensions, clean beam bottoms, check cable chairs, verify proper cable clearance and coverage, etc.
- Ensure work progress of subcontractors and that reports are accurately completed.
- Develop, organize, and track office documents assigned by Project Manager and Superintendent.
- Assist in the creation, distribution, and management of punch list to all rough trades (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, security, phone, TV, fire and framing).
- Check all rough trade work and walk truss inspections with the Project Manager and Superintendent.
- Comply with all Company safety policies
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related study is required.
- At least 1 year of experience in construction is preferred; preferably multi-family construction.
- Knowledge of construction management theory and practice.
- Knowledge of construction and business software including scheduling, estimating, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to proof your own work and the work of others.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Some of our projects or locations might require specialized job knowledge or experience.
This is a position which requires the Field Engineer to frequently walk, stand and climb stairs in/around apartment homes, models and properties. Must also have the ability to operate computer. equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
- Pay Type Salary
- Boston, MA, USA