Senior Service Technician
Summary of Position:
Under limited supervision, the Senior Service Technician is responsible for the maintenance of the community, including overall inspections, repairs, and general maintenance of market-ready communities and other interior/exterior areas. The Senior Service Technician may work as the team lead, along with the other maintenance team members, to ensure the community meets the quality maintenance standards set by the Company. They assist the Service Supervisor with various projects and may be required to stand in for the Service Supervisor as requested.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete assigned work orders generated from resident requests for service,
- Maintain routine upkeep of the community by diagnosing the source or cause of a defect or problem, and making repairs in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety standards, and code requirements.
- Complete the make-ready process to prepare vacant apartment homes for leasing and new move-ins by completing the pre-move-out inspection, creating a “punch” list of maintenance work needed, scheduling vendors and contractors as needed, and obtaining supplies and materials.
- Follow procedures for accessing and obtaining materials, supplies, equipment, tools, and other items from the community’s maintenance shop by tracking inventory used, returning unused items to the established location, and notifying the Service Supervisor about re-ordering needs.
- Complete paperwork timely and accurately so that service requests can be appropriately documented and tracked.
- Maintain the grounds, common areas, and amenities. Some examples include picking up trash and debris, pressure-washing breezeways, and pool areas, performing general cleaning, and painting curbs and signage.
- Support cost-cutting and expense control programs by fixing rather than replacing parts, when possible, not being wasteful with materials and supplies, and practicing the correct use for tools and equipment.
- Routinely conduct property inspections to identify safety and risk management concerns and oversee work performed by contractors, vendors and other service providers to verify the work, materials and services meet quality standards, scope and specifications.
- Comply with the Company’s safety and risk-management policies by attending and participating in the Company’s routine safety meetings, completing required training on OSHA and other safety related laws and requirements, and by reporting accidents and incidents promptly and accurately.
- Demonstrate customer services skills by treating residents and others with respect, answering resident questions, responding sensitively to complaints about maintenance services, and completing assigned work orders with efficiency and urgency.
- Keep abreast of current changes in technology, processes, and standards within the industry and areas of responsibility by attending internal and external training classes, research and/or subscribing to the internet or other professional publications or utilizing other appropriate methods to obtain business and professional information and applies knowledge and practices to areas of responsibility.
- Participate in on-going training provided by the Service Supervisor and other resources as needed and/or required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 4 - 6 years of experience in property management maintenance or equivalent experience
- Must have EPA certifications Type I and II or Universal for refrigerant recycling. (Applies to Certified Service Technicians.)
- Associates must have all certifications as required by State and Local jurisdictions. (Applies to both Certified and Non-Certified Service Technicians.)
- Must provide own hand tools unless prohibited by State law and must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of hand tools, power tools, user-moved aids, mechanical equipment and measuring devices.
- Proficiency in customer service and interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively interact with residents, associates, and other business contacts, respond courteously to questions and requests, and stay calm when addressing and resolving guest problems.
- Literate with computer programs and word processing software.
This is a position which requires the Senior Service Technician to frequently walk, stand and climb stairs in/around apartment homes, models, and properties. Must also have the ability to operate computer. equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
#SK #LI-SK #LI-PMT
- Pay Type Hourly
- Miami, FL, USA