Summary of Position:
The Community Manager understands and implements the Company’s strategies related to property management by leading and supervising Associates at the apartment community as they implement the policies, procedures, and practices that enable the community to meet and exceed budgeted financial goals and achieve above-market operational performance objectives. They perform various tasks associated with maintenance and leasing/marketing while demonstrating the highest level of residential service with a goal to exceed expectations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate with hiring, training, coaching, and evaluating on-site
- Provide clear and concise instructions for effective management of on-site Associates.
- Develop an integral team that effectively sells the quality and professionalism of our Company.
- Conduct informative staff meetings on a regular basis.
- Responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate submission of timesheets for the team.
- Ensure that the appearance and physical aspects of the community meets the Company and residents established standards through routine site and safety inspections and communicates concerns and requests for capital to provide for the physical upkeep of the community.
- Complete regular community inspections of common areas, amenities, models, and vacant apartment homes and complete the community inspection report.
- Respond promptly to Associate/resident/guest needs and concerns.
- Promote client satisfaction and retention through timely reporting and on-going communication about the performance of the community.
- Ensure that Associates are implementing resident retention and renewal programs.
- Process and approve payment of invoices pertaining to maintenance and operations of the community on a timely basis.
- Complete and review various daily, weekly and monthly reports by making operating recommendations in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitor Budget Control Log and reports variances.
- Prepare and adhere to the guidelines of the community operating budget and advise ways to maximize income and minimize expenses.
- Supervise and ensure collection of all rent and other community income.
- Support the overall marketing/leasing efforts and offer input and suggestions regarding promotions, advertisements, and pricing.
- Supervise the planning and implementation of, and attends and monitors, various community recreational and social activities.
- Understand and comply with state landlord-tenant law, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and other laws and regulations governing multifamily housing operations.
- Monitor the maintenance activities to ensure resident requests and preventative maintenance programs are being performed according to Company standards.
- Practice proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, community, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, associate/guest/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individuals.
- Ability to keep sensitive information highly confidential at all times.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business is preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience in property management, including sales/multifamily leasing and supervisory responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to comprehend and complete legal, financial, and human resources documents.
- Proficient with computerized financial and word processing software.
- Demonstrated mathematical and analysis skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percentages in order to complete, understand and interpret financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
- Proficiency in managing multiple priorities simultaneously, meeting deadlines, and working with minimal direction or supervision.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Community Manager to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
#SK #LI-SK #LI-PMT
- Pay Type Salary
- Douglasville, GA, USA