Summary of Position:
The Assistant Manager supports the Community Manager in overseeing and managing the financial and operational aspects of the apartment community while maintaining an elevated level of customer service at all times.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately record all prospective and current resident information to ensure the integrity of the community management system (OneSite).
- Complete daily financial operation tasks of the community by collecting and posting rent, fees, and other payments, preparing daily bank deposits and reconciling bank accounts, preparing financial reports, and processing invoices and payables.
- Review resident files and accounting records to determine unpaid and/or late fees owed, communicate with residents regarding outstanding balances, implement procedures for collecting on delinquencies, and enforce the lease terms.
- Review and submit invoices from vendors, contractors, and service providers for payment by reconciling work performed or products purchased, obtaining Community Manager approval, coding charges to appropriate Chart of Account codes, and managing communication between the vendor/contractor and accounting.
- Follow the Company’s established procedures related to evictions by following proper notice requirements, eviction of residents, and represent the Company as required in court hearings and eviction proceedings.
- Process resident move-outs by reviewing lease terms and notice requirements, apply appropriate deposit and lease cancellation fees.
- Promote resident satisfaction and retention by responding to complaints, questions, and requests in a timely manner, and take appropriate action to resolve and address service issues in accordance with established procedures and legal requirements.
- Act as the on-site supervisor in the absence of the Community Manager by organizing and delegating daily work, coordinating maintenance and make-ready tasks with the Service Supervisor, and managing the operation of the community in compliance with company policies, procedures, and business practices.
- Assist in managing the owner relationship by meeting with the owners, conduct community tours, provide updates and information about the community’s performance, and respond to owner requests.
- Support leasing and marketing efforts with leasing duties.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business is preferred.
- Employment history that demonstrates experience in property management, sales, marketing, and customer service sufficient to assist in managing the day-to-day operation of an apartment community, including but not limited to, resolving customer complaints and issues, completing financial records, documents, and reports, increasing sales revenue, and coordinating the work of a team.
- Literate with computerized financial and word processing software.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Assistant Manager to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
#SB #LI-SB #LI-PMT
- Pay Type Hourly
- Redmond, WA, USA