Associate, Asset Management
Summary of Position:
The Asset Management Associate will work with the Single-Family Rental team (LSFR) to analyze the financial and physical performance of the SFR portfolio, including inventory acquisition, financial planning, property management, and profit and loss performance. The Associate will work closely with the Vice President of Asset Management on strategy, portfolio growth, marketing, and pricing.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Single-Family Rental team with growth initiatives and identifying appropriate locations.
- Understand competitive properties/communities in the market, current and future trends in demographics, job growth, economic drivers, product supply as well an any other market forces.
- Monitor key performance indicators to measure market penetration, financial returns, operations, efficiency, effectiveness, and customer satisfaction.
- Monitor key financial metrics, operational systems and processes to manage the business.
- Assist with oversight of property management to assure underwriting is achieved and property valuation is maintained and grown.
- Assist with creating annual asset reviews that will be presented to the executive team.
- Interface with investors, lenders and internal business partners.
- Collaborate with team members to prepare and deliver executive level business presentations.
- Track and report financial performance.
- Work in partnership to prepare operating reports and analysis.
- Visit and review properties, regularly tour competing product and document findings as appropriate.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Real Estate, or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience in real estate.
- Strong financial operations background is preferred.
- Intermediate or greater proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word).
- Detail oriented, capable of managing multiple work streams simultaneously and meet critical deadlines.
- Problem-solving mindset with the ability to drive results.
- Outstanding verbal, writing, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Up to 25% national travel.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Asset Management Associate to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
- Pay Type Salary
- Charlotte, NC, USA