Summary of Position:
The Groundskeeper is responsible for meeting the standards of our company regarding the appearance of the exterior physical features of the community by performing tasks to maintain the grounds, amenities, and overall curb appeal of the community.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect the community throughout the day to remove litter, debris, and pet droppings and ensure all common areas and amenities are neat at all times.
- Remove trash and remaining items from vacant apartment homes prior to starting the make-ready process, transferring trash to dumpster or storage area as applicable.
- Ensure the storage areas are clean and maintained.
- Complete assigned minor and routine service requests as requested by Service Supervisor and/or Community Manager and assist with the make-ready specialist in the turn process.
- Change all locks in accordance with the community’s policy and ensure gates to all pool areas are working according to codes and safety standards.
- Distribute notices and communications to residents.
- Inform appropriate supervisors of any observed hazard or potentially dangerous situation for residents, Associates, guests and others.
- Demonstrate customer services skills by treating residents and others with respect, answering resident questions, and responding sensitively to complaints about maintenance services.
- Comply with Company’s safety and risk-management policies by attending and participating in the community’s routine safety meetings, completing required training on OSHA and other safety related laws and requirements.
- Report accidents and incidents promptly and accurately.
- Follow established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes.
- Identify areas for improvement and offer suggestions to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Read, understand, and comply with product labels, safety, and policy, and procedure manuals.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of hand tools, power tools, user moved aids, mechanical equipment, and measuring devices.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems in a variety of practical solutions and follow standardized procedures.
- Proficiency in customer service and interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively interact with residents, clients, team members, and other business contacts.
This is a position which requires the Groundskeeper to frequently walk, stand and climb stairs in/around apartment homes, models, and properties. Must also have the ability to operate computer. equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
#SK #LI-SK #LI-PMT
- Pay Type Hourly
- Houston, TX, USA