Senior Financial Analyst
Summary of Position:
The Senior Financial Analyst supports the National Development Controller by performing various tasks, including forecasting, variance analysis, special projects implementation, streamlining accounting processes, and internal controls monitoring.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and analyze variance reports for reviewing monthly, quarterly, and annual activity.
- Create and update schedules included in the monthly multifamily reporting package and public financial reporting filings.
- Compile and update divisional data used in the creation of quarterly and annual business forecasts.
- Perform ad hoc accounting assignments to assist the development controller and improve efficiency across the business.
- Prepare JV financial statements and variance analysis as needed.
- Maintain a database of lender compliance requirements.
- Review and summarize key contracts, including purchase and sale, joint venture, and loan agreements.
- Assist in the monthly financial close process and prepare and input journal entries for national development.
- Research technical accounting issues.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations for senior leadership and trainings.
- Coordinate with divisional teams to ensure compliance with internal controls and maintenance of appropriate documentation.
- Interact with Division Associates, Vendors, Consultants, and Contractors.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
- Minimum of two or three years of experience in audit, accounting, financial reporting, and/or analysis required.
- Public accounting background and experience in multifamily preferred.
- Must have excellent skills with Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Timberline and Sage experience a plus
- Must possess professional attitude to represent company in a positive manner
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Senior Financial Analyst to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
- Pay Type Salary
- Charlotte, NC, USA