Vice President of Asset Management
Summary of Position:
As part of the Asset Management team, the Vice President of Asset Management will have an instrumental role in analyzing, monitoring, and implementing business plans for the Company’s portfolio of Class A multifamily communities. The Vice President will consult with executive leadership and play a key role in communicating with investors and lenders.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop lease-up strategies with Property Management and Development teams.
- Establish annual budgets, business plan execution, investor reporting and assist with the disposition of communities.
- Manage a portfolio of communities to ensure the financial health of each property.
- Collaborate with leadership teams from Investments, Development and Property Management to analyze and make recommendations on proposed budgets to optimize property performance.
- Manage revenue/pricing calls, providing guidance for market rates, renewals and expiration management.
- Review community level annual budgets and model different lease-up strategies to compare and recommend prior to execution.
- Create and evaluate financial reporting related to property budgets, variances and benchmarking to competitive set and original underwriting.
- Collaborate with Property Management, Investments and Accounting to ensure monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements are met for lenders and investors.
- Develop a thorough familiarity with assigned communities and markets by conducting in-depth market and portfolio analyses, understand industry trends, participate in leasing update calls, partner with Property Management, and conduct on-site visits.
- Design, develop, and implement real estate and other investment summaries with recommendations to senior management.
- Coordinate and actively participate in appraisals and dispositions.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Finance, Real Estate, and/or Economics.
- Advanced degree preferred, preferably in Finance, Business, Real Estate, and/or Economics.
- 5+ years in multifamily asset management.
- 5+ years with multifamily lease-ups.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Strong quantitative analysis and advanced Excel skills.
- Able to work under tight time constraints and extended hours as required.
- 25% travel required.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Vice President of Asset Management to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
- Pay Type Salary
- Charlotte, NC, USA