Summary of Position:
The Safety Director will develop and implement the corporate safety and accident prevention program and ensure all associates and subcontractors have a safe work environment . The director will also ensure the Company complies with all state, federal, and local regulatory requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and ensure the safety of associates, subcontractors, and general public on all job sites.
- Regularly travel to all company jobsites nationwide.
- Develop and implement a safety program for subcontractors.
- Audit OSHA records and required reporting and assist for proper reporting.
- Ensure appropriate treatment of injuries/accidents are followed.
- Conduct post-accident investigations of all accidents and near misses within 24 hours of an incident, write a job-hazard analysis, and review applicable safety reports reports.
- Represent the Company in any OSHA site audit, dispute of any OSHA citation, or any other OSHA related matters.
- Ensure Superintendents are holding safety meetings and review and maintain safety minutes in central file.
- Conduct safety audits on projects, review safety recommendations with Superintendent(s), and issue audit report within 24 hours of site visit. Follow-up to ensure all recommendations have been implemented and deficiencies are addressed in the audit have been remedied.
- Provide onsite safety oversight of ongoing construction operations by identifying unsafe conditions, safety hazards and health hazards, and follow up to confirm that the issues have been addressed and corrected.
- Develop site-specific safety programs/plans to include emergency actions, response, evacuation and security plans.
- Respond to, document and track safety-related violations, incidents, accidents and injuries, and assist with conducting site-related accident and/or fatality investigations.
- Ensure that all required safety records and reports are complete, accurate and correctly submitted to comply with all internal processes and comply with all local, state and federal regulations and policies.
- Ensure that work the sites have all the required safety, first aid and fire prevention equipment and that they are in good working condition.
- Responsible for reporting program status to executive management.
- Audit compliance documents, handle on-site implementation efforts and post construction compliance obligation fulfillment.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety and Health or related field required.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in safety management on construction sites.
- First Aid/CPR certification.
- Demonstrated training and management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of OSHA regulations as applied to the construction industry.
- Ability to recognize hazardous situations and implement corrective measures.
- Outstanding interpersonal, conflict resolution, time management, organizational and personnel management skills.
- Must have extensive knowledge of applicable safety regulations, regulatory requirements and industry standards for construction and general industry.
- Some projects or locations might require specialized job knowledge or experience.
- Must possess valid state approved driver’s license and reliable transportation.
This is a position which requires the Safety Director to frequently walk, stand and climb stairs in/around apartment homes, models, and properties. Must also have the ability to operate computer. equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
- Pay Type Salary
- Dallas, TX, USA