Summary of Position:
The Finish Superintendent assists the Director and Superintendent in managing the day-to-day activities of the finishing subcontractors and suppliers on a project site. They ensure assigned work is completed on time and within budget. They are responsible under moderate supervision for inspecting the construction site daily and to work with contractors to schedule deliveries.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare punch list and ensure that each item on list is completed satisfactorily prior to inspection.
- Assess the schedule of construction to determine the order in which to complete the project.
- Order the necessary parts and replacement parts to prepare apartment homes for final inspection.
- Coordinate the final clean of apartment homes prior to turnover.
- Assist Superintendent and Project Manager in maintaining and enforcing Company’s safety policies among supervised subcontractors.
- Comply with all Company safety policies.
- Sign in and document new building materials.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma is required, Bachelor’s degree in construction management is preferred.
- 1 – 3 years of experience in construction is required.
- Knowledge of construction management theory and practice.
- Must have thorough knowledge of finish trades, analyzing construction documents, and ability to read drawings.
- Knowledge of construction and business software, including scheduling, estimating, spreadsheets.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with construction related tools such as tape measure, construction level, calculator, and etc.
- Some of our projects or locations might require specialized job knowledge or experience.
This is a position which requires the Finish Superintendent to frequently walk, stand and climb stairs in/around apartment homes, models and properties. Must also have the ability to operate computer. equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
- Pay Type Salary
- Chicago, IL, USA