Summary of Position:
The Superintendent is instrumental in assisting the Project Manager in overseeing the construction process. They are responsible under limited supervision for all administrative assistance, coordinating material deliveries and overseeing the daily subcontractor work assigned by the Project Manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure and initiate quality control and inspection approval from the municipal court and/or governing authorities.
- Perform daily inspection of community and conduct weekly safety meetings.
- Design a two-week schedule for subcontractors/suppliers.
- Lead and monitor subcontractor’s work in compliance with the Company’s safety program.
- Correct any deficient workmanship and sub-standard work.
- Mentor and train construction associates in the policies, procedures, systems, and technical construction means and methods used by the Company.
- Advise in the hiring process.
- Maintain all construction documents:(lot files, trade associate files and plan rack) at the job site so that all pertinent information is readily available.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma is required, Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field is preferred.
- Experience in multifamily construction is required.
- 4 - 6 years prior related construction work experience.
- Knowledge of construction management theory and practice.
- Must have thorough knowledge of multifamily trades, ability to analyze construction documents, and ability to read blueprints.
- Knowledge of construction building codes and building methods.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient with construction related tools such as tape measure, construction level, calculator, etc.
- Some of our projects or locations might require specialized job knowledge or experience.
This is a position which requires the Superintendent to frequently walk, stand and climb stairs in/around apartment homes, models and properties. Must also have the ability to operate computer. equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
- Pay Type Salary
- Austin, TX, USA