Senior Tax Associate
Summary of Position:
Reporting to the Tax Director, the Senior Tax Associate assists with the preparation of the Company’s federal and state, corporate and partnership tax returns, quarterly estimated payments and the tax provision, ensuring compliance through all stages of the process. Additionally, the Tax Associate works on various tax projects and assists with IRS and state audit defense.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the preparation of the federal consolidated tax return process.
- Prepare federal and state partnership and LLC tax returns.
- Prepare and review multistate income and franchise tax returns including combined/unitary as well as separate state income tax returns.
- Assist with the preparation and review of the Company’s consolidated quarterly and annual tax provision calculations.
- Assist with the preparation and review of Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) returns and the quarterly REIT testing process.
- Work closely with tax advisors to manage the planning, structuring and compliance of multibillion dollar real estate funds with foreign investors.
- Assist with IRS and state tax authority audits.
- Assist with the preparation and review of quarterly estimated income tax payments.
- Maintain comprehensive tax records for the organization.
- Create reports on expenditures, payroll, revenue and other related items.
- Perform tax research and analysis on special projects as needed.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of diverse U.S. federal, state and local tax legislation and U.S. GAAP financial statement reporting requirements for taxes (ASC 740).
- Meet strict deadlines to prevent penalties and late fees.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- CPA (or CPA candidate) preferred.
- 3+ years of federal and state income compliance experience, ideally in a public accounting or corporate setting.
- Knowledge of account reconciliation and analysis of book-tax difference.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of a variety of tax research and tax compliance software programs.
- Detail oriented, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Senior Tax Associate to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
- Pay Type Salary
- Aliso Viejo, CA, USA
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Dallas, TX, USA