Manager, Corporate Procurement (Hybrid)
Purdue Pharma L.P. and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market medications and consumer health products to meet the evolving needs of healthcare professionals, patients, and caregivers. We were founded by physicians, and we are currently led by a physician. Beyond our efforts to provide quality medications, Purdue is committed to supporting national, regional and local collaborations to drive innovations in patient care. Privately held, Purdue is pursuing a pipeline of new medications through internal research & development and strategic industry partnerships.
For close to two decades Purdue has engaged in many initiatives to stem prescription opioid abuse. We are committed to bringing lifesaving relief to communities and individuals suffering from substance use disorder and overdose. We are currently developing or supporting the development of two essential life-saving opioid overdose reversal medications and have the capability to manufacture others for medication assisted treatment. Providing these medicines has the potential to improve and save countless lives.
We are driven by our purpose: Compassion for patients and excellence for science inspire our pursuit of new medicines.
We are building an exciting path forward, and we are committed to recruiting a dedicated team of professionals who advance our expertise through a commitment to Purdue’s Values: Integrity and Courage, underpinned by Innovation, and always in Collaboration with each other.
At Purdue Pharma and our subsidiaries, you have a unique career opportunity to work differently, uncover and seize new opportunities, and take a hands-on, ownership approach to your work. We go beyond traditional roles and find creative ways to extend our skills and interests, challenging ourselves to contribute in different, meaningful ways. We strive to create an environment where you can bring your best to work each day. We welcome the opportunity to have you on our team!
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to: actual or perceived race, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, age, creed, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status and military service, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws and ordinance.
For more information about your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (EEO)
- EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
- USERRA Rights
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
- E-Verify (English and Spanish)
- Right to Work (English and Spanish)
- Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (English)
- Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (Spanish)
We strive to make our Career opportunities website accessible to all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please email: email@example.com. This email is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require assistance accessing our careers website.
Under the direction of the Senior Manager, theManager, Corporate Procurement is responsible for supporting the direction and oversight of the sourcing, procurement, and purchasing function of Clinical R&D. The individual will develop and foster external clinical partnerships and assist in contract development, financial and contract management. This position must take a broad, high-level approach to sourcing, incorporating business and corporate objectives and maximizing vendor value. The individual must meet financial performance expectations, exceed customer requirements, and create value for business partners while facilitating continuous process improvement and challenging the status quo.
- Partner with the Senior Manager on the preparation, negotiation (T&C, budget, payment terms), execution, compliance and administration of vendor selection and contractual agreements in support of Clinical Research, ensuring adherence to the outsourcing strategy, company policies and procedures, in collaboration with clinical teams, finance, QA, and legal.
- Identify and implement improvement opportunities in the contracting, negotiations, and reporting of cost-savings for outsourced activities (drives for consistency, process harmonization and innovation across vendors) with the view of achieving a lean, efficient outsourcing organization.
- Work with Finance and Clinical Operations in assisting and managing short and long-term forecasting of clinical studies, variance analysis.
- Support the Senior Manager in assisting with the financial oversight of programs and studies, assisting Asset Team Leads and Clinical Research personnel achieve an understanding of cost procedures and budgeting as well as providing recommendation to improve financial effectiveness and efficiency.
- Identify, drive and track cost savings opportunities.
- Support other categories (ie. Corporate Security, Library Services) of Procurement as directed by supervisor.
- For specific areas of responsibility, ensures common purchasing standards, formal bidding processes, reviewing request for proposals (“RFP’s”), mailing RFP’s, receiving proposals, working with Clinical Operations to select preferred providers, awarding work, etc.
- Build and sustain internal and external relationships and encourage collaboration and innovation to generate maximum value.
- Maintain risk mitigation strategy for areas of responsibility.
- Perform spend, vendor, industry and market analysis for supported categories as required.
Education and Experience:
- Individual must have a BA/BAS in Business Administration, Finance or related area with at least 5-7 years plus of progressive experience in clinical outsourcing preferably in the pharmaceutical industry. Must have experience with contract management, and clinical R&D procurement.
- Experience with negotiation and managing a budget is preferred.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with Clinical Forecasting and Benchmarking tools/Industry databases
- Broad knowledge of clinical research across functions
- Experience strengthening existing vendor relationships that thrive on collaboration, efficiency and quality
- Excellent organizational, planning, negotiation, financial management, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of R&D contract and budget negotiations and knowledge of industry trends and benchmarking tools
- Thorough knowledge of pharmaceutical service provider industry and trends
- Customer focused and solution oriented
- Must possess excellent communication and writing skills, patience, professionalism, and ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization
- Team player/Strong interpersonal skills/Excellent organizational skills.
- SAP/Ariba or other Procure to pay platforms experience preferred.
- Strong time management and excellent organizational skills.
- Strong experience in Power Point and Excel.
- Job Family Finance
- Pay Type Salary
- Stamford, CT, USA