Department: Managed Properties
Reports To: Facilities Manager
Hours: 40 Hours/Week – Full Time
Salary: Based on Salary Matrix + Benefits*
Under the general direction of the Facilities Manager, the Facilities Coordinator will ensure all Tribal staffed Administration buildings are safe, secure and functional. The position will be responsible for preventative repair and maintenance of all buildings and provide support in the development and construction of new facilities. Assist with payments, contracts and correspondence as directed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and monitor a working preventive maintenance system, work order system, and backlog of department’s repair and maintenance projects for Tribal staffed facilities.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety standards and industry codes.
- Makes improvement recommendations to the Facilities Manager.
- Prepare exterior assessments including utilities, drainage, paving, foundation, walls, site, and settlement issues and interior assessments for areas displaying changes in comfort and functionality in order to make qualified judgments of potential building system issues. Work with various contractors to complete repair and maintenance as needed following standard procurement process.
- Assist with preparing and soliciting proposals by coordinating, advertising and distributing bid requests for improvements, upgrades, remodels, etc. for building service and maintenance needs. Generates service contracts for HVAC, cleaning, supplies, pest control, grounds maintenance and additional needs as requested.
- Coordinate intra-office moves. Coordinates set-up and installation of required office equipment with appropriate Tribal departments; i.e. computers, printers, copy machines and miscellaneous office supplies.
- Performs project management tracking of tasks, assignments, deliverables, due dates, etc. and keeps staff apprised of project status and progress.
- Act as liaison with service vendors and contractors to provide ongoing, routine facility maintenance.
- Process payments to building utility service providers (electric, water, sewer, gas, storage, security, fire protection, insurance, rentals, etc.) for monthly and recurring charges. Process project payments to contractors.
- Prepare payment requests and reconcile invoices to contracted Schedule of Values (SOV). Assist in evaluation of job progress billings. Prepare narratives to address inconsistencies in contractor billing requests.
- In coordination with the Departments, schedule the use of facilities for internal and external activities, including setting up and breaking down equipment and other materials used in the events.
- Assist with gathering incident/accident information including statements, police and fire reports.
- Investigate and process insurance claims for damage to Tribal assets including structures, residences and vehicles. Assists with repair or replacing assets in coordination with the Facilities Manager.
- Assist with maintaining an accurate inventory of tribal vehicles and properties by adding/deleting items in a timely manner. Coordinates with insurance broker to assure insurance and coverages are updated.
- Assists Facilities Manager with inspections of new buildings that are available for potential purchase/use by Tribal Administration.
- Coordinates with the Facilities Manager on building construction, refurbishment and renovation projects.
- Calculate and compare costs for goods and services to maximize cost-effectiveness.
- Support program staff by facilitating project logistics such as meetings, conference calls, locations and calendar coordination with proposed attendees.
- Manage office operations and procedures for department such as filing, copying, purchasing supplies and other clerical duties.
- Positively follow instructions, respond to management direction; takes responsibility for their own actions; completes tasks on time and within budget and keeps supervisor apprised of project status.
- Respond to emergency calls regarding facility related issues. Takes steps to minimize impact on daily operations.
- Manage contractor and vendor relationships.
- Manage and review service contracts to ensure facility management needs are being efficiently met.
- Generate and present regular reports and reviews of facility-related budgets, finances, contracts, expenditures and purchases.
- Assist building maintenance staff with projects that are out of their scope.
- Assist in developing and coordinating programs to meet organizational goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Position has no supervisory duties.
Qualifications and Requirements
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and six years of related experience or training; OR a satisfactory equivalent combination of education and experience on a year-for-year basis as long as work experience in building construction, maintenance and operations is demonstrated.
Intermediate computer skills with word processing, spreadsheets and database is required to be able to prepare reports and keep logs and maintenance records.
- Ability to schedule meetings/appointments with contractors and sub-contractors.
- Ability to process construction and maintenance invoices and payments including Schedule of Value tracking and updates.
- Sensitivity to working in a culturally diverse environment.
- A strong working knowledge of building design & construction processes, codes, standards, and requirements for operating a public facility.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain a safe working and operating environment for staff, visitors, and Tribal families and members.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedural manuals and grant applications. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence clearly and informatively.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's and to calculate percentages. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to understand and mitigate risk independently and exercise good judgment in difficult situations. Ability to define operating risks and developing mitigation plans of action written into Emergency Operating Procedures.
Must submit and be able to pass a criminal background check prior to employment and periodically after employment.
Must have and maintain a valid and unrestricted Washington State driver’s license and be insurable, and must sign a release of information to obtain a Washington State Driving Abstract.
Other Skills and Abilities
Working knowledge of construction process from design to construction completion and have knowledge of general building maintenance requirements.
Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality.
May be required to respond to after-hours emergencies.
- Requires the ability to operate a personal computer, multi-line telephone, calculator, facsimile and photocopier and other office equipment.
- Requires the ability to read, write, communicate, and interpret information accurately in English.
- Requires the ability to concentrate and consistently produce accurate work.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 10 to 25 pounds.
- The noise level is usually an office/interior building (moderate volume).
- The physical exertion is moderate.
- May be exposed to chemicals.
- Work is performed in an office setting with occasional outdoor visits.
- There are frequent employee contacts and interruptions during the day.
Indian Preference Employer as Required by Law
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3009 Portland Ave E, Tacoma, WA 98404, USA