Receptionist/ Mailroom Clerk
Close: October 7, 2022 @8:59 p.m. PST
Reports To: Mailroom Supervisor
Responsible for the day-to-day administrative building main phone line and assisting Clients/Visitors and community members with services and programs both on the phone and in person.
Answers multi-line telephone system for the Puyallup Tribal Administrative Complex. Must have excellent interpersonal skills, customer service skills, telephone etiquette and good communication skills. Responsible for posting and logging all incoming mail to the appropriate department.
Position requires good attendance and adherence to all policies including the attendance policy. The employee must be at work from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday – Friday, except for a lunch break.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Routes callers to appropriate department. Answers general questions as appropriate, and as time permits. Retrieves messages and forwards them on to the appropriate department/individual.
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Updates external message(s) on switchboard as needed.
- Logs collect calls, and routes to appropriate department as per policy.
- Prepares daily shipment of outgoing mail by separating mail by department, stamping and logging postal rates to appropriate department. Prepares monthly postage log sheets, and submits month-end postage log sheets to Administrative Coordinator for billing to each department.
- Maintains mailroom appointments electronically
- Maintain copy machines and arrange for repairs as needed.
- Sort mail to department mailboxes and their various office locations throughout the Tribe.
- Distribute UPS, Federal Express and other carrier packages between tribal departments/entities.
- Orders supplies for postage machine, and calls for maintenance when needed.
- Logs faxes and delivers to appropriate mailbox. Assists community members needing to fax documents.
- Takes responsibility for ensuring that needed copy supplies are available to staff using copy machines (stapler, paperclips, binder clips, post-it notes, etc.).
- Maintains inventory and orders office supplies for the Mailroom Office.
- Works with and maintains confidential information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications and Requirements
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Licenses or Certificates
Must pass a criminal background check prior to and periodically throughout employment.
- Requires the ability to operate a personal computer, multi-line telephone, calculator, facsimile and photocopier.
- Requires the ability to read, write, communicate, and interpret information accurately in English.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee occasionally is required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level is low to moderate.
- The physical exertion is low to moderate.
- Work is performed in an office setting.
- Position may be stressful at times.
The Puyallup Tribe of Indians reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Indian Preference Employer as Required by Law
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3009 Portland Ave E, Tacoma, WA 98404, USA