Soft Count Inspector
Close: September 23, 2022 @8:59 p.m. PST
Department: Tribal Gaming Regulatory Office
Reports To: Agent Supervisor
The Soft-Count Inspector will assume all soft-count duties and other duties as assigned by his supervisor. The Soft-Count Inspector will assist with monitoring, investigation, enforcement and protection of casino assets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees and is present for all soft-count duties until count is completed or inspector is properly relieved.
- Observes the count procedures to ensure compliance with the Compact and tribal and state procedures.
- Knowledgeable in the system of Internal Controls for the Emerald Queen Casino and the Tribal/State Compact, Appendix A.
- Coordinates communication between soft-count Agent and the Lead Agent.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications and Requirements
Education and/or Experience
Must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Some knowledge of computer software applications (word processing, Excel spreadsheets) is desirable.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Licenses or Certificates
Must pass criminal, financial, and personal background check before employment and periodically during employment.
Must be able to maintain appropriate gaming license as may be required by position.
- Requires the ability to operate a typewriter, personal computer, multi-line telephone, calculator, facsimile and photocopier.
- Requires the ability to read, write, communicate, and interpret information accurately in English.
- Requires the ability to concentrate and consistently produce accurate work.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; sit; talk or hear and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee occasionally is required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and peripheral vision.
- The noise level is low.
- The physical exertion is low to moderate.
- Work is performed in and office setting.
The Puyallup Tribe of Indians reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Indian Preference Employer as Required by Law
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3009 Portland Ave E, Tacoma, WA 98404, USA