Law Enforcement Master Control
CLOSES: June 30, 2022 @ 8:59 p.m. PST
DEPARTMENT: LAW ENFORCEMENt
REPORTS TO: SERGEANT
HOURS: FULL TIME – 40 HOURS/W/EEK
SALARY: $24.56/HOUR + BENEFITS*
(MUST BE WILLING TO WORK ANY SHIFT, INCLUDING NIGHTS & WEEKENDS)
*The Puyallup Tribe of Indians provides a generous benefits package that includes employer paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance, a retirement/401(k) plan with profit sharing, paid holidays, and paid time off including birthday leave.
Under the general supervision of the Sergeant maintains and oversees the operations of the master control room of the correctional facility, working a schedule in accordance with the needs of the jail.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintains jail log; performs required data entry.
2. Monitors activity of all inmates and Officers.
3. Operates radio, video and audio recording systems; monitors alarm systems, and door controls.
4. Tally's meal counts.
5. Documents all activity and prepares reports as necessary.
6. Answers telephone calls.
7. Conducts emergency procedures. Remains calm in emergency situations in order to collect all pertinent information accurately.
8. Performs other as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Strong communication skills and knowledge of computer use is required. Must be able to accurately type 35 WPM. Must be able to multitask and deal with various personality types. Must be able to deal with stressful situations and remain in control in order to provide service to the inmates and Corrections officers.
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with various officials, agencies, co- workers and the general public on a daily basis in a positive manner.
• Thorough knowledge of the operations and requirements of the Corrections Facility to ensure efficient and effective operation at all times.
• Ability to react quickly, efficiently and calmly in an emergency situation and adopt an effective course of action.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in all aspects of job functions.
• Working knowledge of Corrections Facility rules, policies and procedures with the ability and skill to apply them to various situations.
• Ability to act confidentially, performing assignments with accuracy, patience, tact, integrity, use of good discretion and courtesy; ability to exercise good judgment.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before the public or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Licenses or Certificates/Other
Employee will be subject to a one-year probationary period.
Employee may be subject to random drug screens and other tests prior to and during the course of employment.
Must acceptably pass criminal background check prior to and periodically throughout employment.
Must have no felonies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Requires the ability to read, write, communicate, and interpret information accurately in English.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk and hear and use hands to finger, handle or feel.
• The employee occasionally is required to sit; stand; walk; push and/or pull; kneel, stoop, crouch or crawl; reach with hands and arms.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level is moderate.
• The physical exertion is moderate.
• Position may be stressful at times due to the sensitive or confidential issues or situations being addressed.
The Puyallup Tribe of Indians reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
INDIAN PREFERENCE EMPLOYER AS REQUIRED BY LAW
- Pay Type Hourly
- Tacoma, WA, USA