- Onsite, fully-equipped gym facilities
- Hybrid/flexible working arrangements for most roles
- Fleet cars for use by staff for local business travel
- Employee rewards, health and financial wellness programs
- Volunteer days and opportunities to participate in community events
- Culture of respect, commitment and camaraderie
The event specialist works under the general direction of the executive assistant/administrative services supervisor. This individual provides event coordination and set up of meetings and events held at the Energy Engagement Center at Platte River Power Authority corporate headquarters as well as general administrative support to the executive leadership team and corporate travel services.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Coordinates all aspects of meeting and events scheduled and held at the energy engagement center.
- Reviews online meeting event applications, service now request, and promptly corresponds to request, tracks, and documents to ensure information is detailed to meet the needs and expectations of stakeholders.
- Consults with customers to determine objectives and requirements for event.
- Coordination with external stakeholders, contract/paperwork setup, scheduling, handling logistics of room setup, facility equipment, technology, and security notification of guest list.
- Arranges event technology setup of audio-visual equipment, presentations or displays and all other associated technology event needs.
- Maintains presence during external stakeholder events. Responsible for troubleshooting and handling any issues that arise.
- Responsible for accurately maintaining the energy engagement center event calendar and posting updates to intranet.
- Maintains confidential, professional, and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provides administrative support to executive leadership and to a variety of departments within the organization such as technology, finance, human resources, safety, facilities, security, and operations.
- Provides distribution of incoming mail and overall function of company mailroom.
- Works safely and demonstrates safe work practices.
- Makes safety announcements prior to the start of meetings/events held at the energy engagement center.
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance.
- Provides backup support for travel services, which includes research and coordination of business travel arrangements and timely reconciling of travel expenses.
- Provides backup support for ordering and placing supplies in all common areas at corporate.
- Understands the general function of the organization and stays updated on staff and business needs and trends.
- May operate a company motor vehicle to perform duties at other locations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ability to provide attention to detail for accuracy.
- Ability to be team oriented, with interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Strong planning, organizing, and event management skills.
- Skilled in prioritization, execution of tasks, organization, and a customer-focused approach.
- Strong written, verbal, and listening communication skills.
- Ability to provide open, timely, and thorough responses.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses and provide alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to solving problems.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to effectively balance workload under multiple demands and conflicting priorities.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, exhibit a positive attitude, and collaborate with others to provide high level of customer service.
- High School diploma or its equivalent resulting in demonstrated ability to perform essential job function duties.
- Associate degree from an accredited college or university in business or related field is preferred.
- Two or more years of administrative experience in a professional office environment.
- One year of proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Required flexibility of schedule with the ability to work occasional evening and weekend overtime hours as needed.
- One or more years of experience as event specialist, event planner, or similar role is preferred.
- Current valid driver’s license and ability to remain insurable under Platte River’s vehicle liability policy.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to enter requirements. The following are approximate requirements and % of time:
- Computer and office related equipment 75%
- Walking 20%
- Pushing, carrying, or movement of chairs/tables 15%
- Lifting to 10 pounds and occasionally lift to 30 pounds 10%
This position operates in a professional office environment.
Bi-weekly salary range for position: $1,697 - $2,334 (placement DOQ)
(range if annualized: $44,136 - $60,684)
This position will remain posted until filled.
- Health insurance options including a PPO and high deductible health savings account with prescription drug coverage
- Benefit advocacy
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending plan
- Basic life insurance
- Basic accidental death and disability
- Dependent life and supplemental life insurance options (voluntary)
- Accidental death and disability insurance (voluntary)
- Long-term disability insurance
- Retirement plans 401a defined contribution plan 457b deferred compensation plan
- Paid holidays (12 annually)
- Paid time off: personal and sick leave
- Wellness program
- In-house training opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement Employee assistance program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Platte River endeavors to make our careers site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call us at 970-229-5323 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Must be legally eligible to work in the United States. Platte River cannot provide employment to applicants who will require sponsorship now or in the future (i.e. H1B visa, OPT status).
- Pay Type Salary