Program Manager Fitzgerald Residence
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Permanent Supportive Housing program in the Kensington neighborhood of Philadelphia. This program will provide 50 units of housing to low-income individuals, including homeless and formerly homeless people, and people with disabilities as well as 12 emergency beds for homeless individuals referred through Outreach. The Program Manager is responsible for the creation of a caring, supportive environment that contributes to the emotional, physical, spiritual, and mental well-being of all residents. This includes the supervision of staff, maintaining an in-depth knowledge of residents, and administering the activities and operation of the program in a manner consistent with the mission of Project HOME.
· Work with the Property Manager to facilitate intake process, including interviews, working with referral sources to collect required paperwork, and coordinating lease-ups and move-ins under a tight time frame.
· Provide supervision and oversight of data collection for program evaluation and quality assurance with our housing partner agencies.
· Coordinate lease signings with Property Management and orientation for new residents moving in.
· Plan and manage resident "welcome home" events. Manage open house information sessions and workshops for prospective residents.
· Acquire and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the mental, physical, emotional, educational, social, medical, financial, employment and education status of each resident
· Create an environment that combines the necessary structure, case management and/or service coordination support, counseling, interaction, freedom, and safety to facilitate Resident growth, individuality and connection to the Project HOME and the external community
· Participate and oversee the development of educational/employment/health opportunities that are accessible and develop a culture of recovery coupled with employment for Residents
· Create an environment where addiction recovery journeys are openly discussed and the community members support each other in their journeys, celebrating milestones and supporting each other.
· Provide ongoing consultation with individuals in recovery
· Provide both routine and random drug screens
· Seek out and participate in all relevant trainings and in-services
· Foster and model respect, empathy, and understanding of Residents
· Coordinate Resident discharges
· In an effort to build resident leadership, provide structure and guidance to tenant council, resident led endeavors and encourage resident’s strengths in leadership
· In an effort to build community integration with Project HOME residents and the larger community, identify and meet with neighborhood leaders, and involve them in community events.
· Provide regular and consistent supervision and general oversight of residential site staff to ensure program is person centered. Review and approve employee work time in database.
· Manage the on-call schedule and staff schedule
· Provide and document regular individual supervision with staff and performance reviews as scheduled.
· Train and orient all new staff members.
· Work with service coordinators to identify resident needs and establish pertinent goals and objectives in the areas of: recovery, health, education, employment and community integration
· Ensure all documentation is meeting contractual obligations
· Conduct and document case review meetings with case management/service coordination team
· Oversee the training, implementation and use of the best practices (such as Critical Time Intervention and Wellness Self-Management)
· Develop and maintain positive working relationships with service providers, the community, and volunteer groups
· Serve as liaison with all agencies providing services to Residents
· Ensure that all Resident case information is up to date and accurate.
· Attend quarterly Project HOME staff meetings, monthly Program Manager meetings, and biweekly supervision.
· Create yearly Program Goals utilizing the Strategic Plan.
· Supervise the financial operations of the program
Develop annual budgets with the Director of Residential Services and the Finance Department
· Track and appropriately document petty cash and credit card transactions.
· Ensure documentation of financial transactions follow the guidelines outlined in relevant policies.
· Complete monthly SNAP Reports within the timeframe established by the Accounting Department.
· Work as a blended management team with the Property Manager
· Coordinate and address necessary follow up with any leasehold violations including but not limited to rent arrears and incidents
· Organize, with the Property Manager, discussion with Residents about safety issues.
· MSW or related degree; or BA/BSW and 3 years related experience or 7+ years of relative experience. 2 years supervisory experience.
· Experience working with recovering persons (mental illness, drug/alcohol, or dually diagnosed persons)
· Strong organizational, interpersonal, and assessment skills
· Understands and affirms the mission of Project HOME
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Team experience
· Strong Computer literacy including experience with electronic record systems.
· Availability for on call duties
· Experience working with homeless individuals and/or in supportive housing a plus
· Bilingual English/Spanish
Project HOME is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $53,000.00
- Philadelphia, PA, USA