|Prince is a world class producer of engineered
additives for niche applications and is a value-added processing intermediary
between large global raw material suppliers and end-market customers. Prince specializes in sourcing, processing/engineering, and distributing
products in over 20 markets. Prince combines international sourcing and
processing capabilities with in-depth customer knowledge, world-class
engineering, and value-added distribution to deliver essential engineered
solutions to diverse consumer and industrial markets.
Summary/General Job Description/Mission: Responsible for the day to day manufacturing engineering operations in assigned area. Specifically, meeting production needs, executing related projects, and maintaining process/equipment documentation to ensure safe, consistent, and defined processes compliant with our HSE and Quality systems.
Responsibilities Related to the Job:
· Follow all safety rules and use proper PPE.
· Adhere to Ferro’s Core Values and Behaviors.
· Ensure processes are running according to approved procedures and standards.
· Oversee production of designated products, applying statistical techniques.
· Ensure that process conforms to customer requirements within the restrictions of process capability.
· Create and maintain related equipment procedures, batch documentation, and control plans.
· Train and ensure that operators understand how to fill out and/or follow the above forms/procedures.
· Provide definition to the MRP group for the setup and maintenance of SAP BOMs and Recipes.
· Manage and safely execute continuous improvement and cost reduction projects, using Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
· Support technical transfer of new products (toll manufacturing or via Stage-Gate scale-up).
· Plan and execute improvement projects on designated products and/or processes.
· Support capital projects from an Operations/Technical standpoint.
· Work directly with suppliers and customers on technical and quality-related issues.
· Prepare Management of Change (MOC) and Lockout-Tagout (LOTO) documentation.
· Act as subject matter expert on assigned products and processes, providing support to the Technical Service, R&D, MRP, and Quality groups as needed.
· Maintain compliance with Ferro’s Code of Business Conduct, policies and procedures, management systems, and all applicable Environmental, Health, Safety other regulations
· Act according to the Ferro’s Value & Behaviors
Required Qualifications and Knowledge:
· Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience that includes 2 or more years as a Manufacturing or Process Engineer.
· Demonstrated communication skills, both written and oral.
· Demonstrated presentation skills.
· Demonstrated computer application competencies, especially MS-Office.
· Statistical and data analysis training such as black belt or 6-sigma
· Problem solving and program management training: RedX, 8D, 5-why or similar
· Minimal – Typically < 10%.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to statistically analyze data for problem solving.
· Ability to work well with personnel of all Ferro – Penn Yan departments, at all levels.
· Ability to multi-task and work under time constraints.
· Strong project management skills.
· Ability to compile presentations and statistical data with minimal errors and present that information to suppliers, customers or internal personnel in a confident manner.
· Understanding of the ISO9001 Quality Standard requirements and knowledge of other higher-level quality systems such as IATF16949.
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 10
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Penn Yan, NY 14527, USA