Maintenance Technician I - Entry
Maintenance Technician I
This job description is not all inclusive, however, this will outline the primary functions and responsibilities required to fill the position of Maintenance Technician. This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Views safety as a core value and participates in safety meetings as required
- Assures adherence to safety procedures and work instructions in accordance with company protocol
- Promotes safety awareness through structured formats and associate communications
- Reviews safety performance and promotes continuous improvement
- Performs preventive maintenance on equipment and buildings.
- Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical and electrical problems. Observes machines in operation and uses diagnostic skills to locate and make repairs.
- Conducts equipment repairs in a timely manner in order to maintain operational efficiency.
- Performs light fabrication and welding as needed.
- Lubricates and cleans parts and cleans around work areas.
- Moves and installs machines and related equipment.
- Maintains building and related systems as required.
- Monitors the use of inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment hardware to maintain cost.
- Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipates and solves problems in a timely manner, and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Maintains good housekeeping.
- Follows all company and customer safety, health and environmental policies and procedures.
- Responds to change productively.
- Handles other duties as required.
Education and Additional Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED and one or more years’ maintenance experience in an industrial manufacturing environment required: or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interpret blueprints and schematics
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Good computer skills
- Must provide own tools
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the responsibilities of this Job, the employee will be in a plant environment the majority of the time with high noise level.
The company offers an attractive compensation and benefits package for the right candidate.
Prince provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Tuesday, June 7, 2022
- Milwaukee Plant, 4039 West Green Tree Road, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States of America