Operator I - Entry
Prince is a world class producer of engineered additives for niche applications and is a value-added processing intermediary between large global raw material suppliers and end-market customers. Prince specializes in sourcing, processing/engineering, and distributing products in over 20 markets. Prince combines international sourcing and processing capabilities with in-depth customer knowledge, world-class engineering, and value-added distribution to deliver essential engineered solutions to diverse consumer and industrial markets.
This is an hourly position. The incumbent will primarily be responsible for raw material handling, operate process equipment to make products, and finished product packaging.
- Views safety as a core value.
- Observe safety policies in accordance with company protocol.
- Comply with safety procedures and work instructions in accordance with company protocol.
- Maintain safety awareness through participation in Safety Meetings and communications.
- Maintain housekeeping expectations.
- Regularly move raw materials from warehousing to blending operations. Occasionally move raw materials from warehousing to blending operations.
- Ensure correct raw materials are brought to area, working with forklift drivers as designated by worksite locations.
- Ensure that materials are brought in an orderly fashion not to slow or stop production, working with Forklift drivers as designated by worksite locations
- Dose raw materials into blending operations.
- Track and record dosage, lot numbers, scrap, and production issues.
- Package and palletize finished product.
- Regularly operate forklifts and front-end loaders.
- Responsible for keeping process area clean.
- Meet written expectations of management.
- Housekeeping duties in production, warehouse, and plant parking areas, and general clean-up.
- Hand-sweep, shovel, and/or wheelbarrow as directed.
- Operational assistance as required in production, bagging, warehouse, and shipping areas.
- Other duties as required to maintain an efficient operation.
- Clean up material and return to proper ore piles, containers, and/or trash area as directed.
Work in a neat and orderly manner and minimize loss.
- Maintains good housekeeping.
- Follows all company and customer safety, health and environmental policies and procedures.
- Responds to change productively.
- Handles other duties as required.
- Follow appropriate quality procedures and work instructions.
- Assist in training employees on appropriate items.
- Attend training classes in-plant or other locations as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Highschool diploma preferred or GED equivalent
- 0-2 year of relevant experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met byan employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 55 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the responsibilities of this Job, the employee will be in a plant environment the majority of the time with high noise level. The company offers an attractive compensation and benefits package for the right candidate.
Prince is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
- Pay Type Hourly
- Mount Dora Plant, 710 South Rossiter Street, Mount Dora, Florida, United States of America