Safety, Health and Environmental Manager
|Prince is a world class producer of engineered
additives for niche applications and is a value-added processing intermediary
between large global raw material suppliers and end-market customers. Prince specializes in sourcing, processing/engineering, and distributing
products in over 20 markets. Prince combines international sourcing and
processing capabilities with in-depth customer knowledge, world-class
engineering, and value-added distribution to deliver essential engineered
solutions to diverse consumer and industrial markets.
Position: SHE Manager
Supported sites: New Johnsonville
The Safety, Health and Environmental Manager is primarily responsible for providing expertise and support to the New Johnsonville, Tennessee site as well as advising the Global VP of SH&E as well as other key members of the SH&E community of applicable safety, regulatory and legal requirements for the supported sites. This position will be responsible for standards and functions to reduce and prevent employee injuries, accidents, occupational illnesses and exposure to long-term health hazards, as well as reducing the environmental aspects and impacts associated with the company’s operations. The prime objective is to protect and enhance the safety of our employees and our facility operation environmental footprint and achieving best in class performance through prevention and promoting a culture where safety, health, and environment are a core value.
- Lead, foster, and develop a culture where safety, health and environment are engrained as a core value with all employees and where everyone is actively engaged in working safely and preventing at-risk behaviors.
- Partner with plant leadership teams to drive SHE performance improvement.
- Ensure sites maintain continuous compliance with company SHE policies and procedures as well as applicable local, state, and federal regulatory requirements.
- Drive key effective, sustainable implementation of Prince Minerals SHE initiatives, strategies, programs, and procedures via hands-on leadership, coaching, and team work.
- Prepare reports and maintain records. Collect data to produce trends and metrics.
- Participate in plant Safety Committee meetings, Root Cause Analysis’, and other relevant safety activities.
- Participate in and administer weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual inspections / audits to discover potential gaps in our safety and environmental system and correct them in a judicious manner.
- Build and deliver required training.
- Leads the investigation of all incidents and injuries from initial report to closure
- Stay abreast of the latest changes, updates and additions to Federal and State safety and environmental laws, rules and regulations, ensuring that influences towards the Company arising from such changes, updates and additions are reflected in our trainings, policies, procedures and written plans.
- Complete reporting documents required by local, state and federal government and associated agencies, and ensure timely payment of fees and other lawfully required monetary disbursements.
ESSENTIAL TASKS & DUTIES: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain document control and training of SH&E procedures
- Maintain master records for compliance purposes
- Prepare and conduct monthly SH&E global calls
- Prepare a compliance calendar for all required activities and reporting obligations
- Conduct site audits annually or as required and providing documented feedback with action items
- Develop training requirements for Prince employees and contractors
- Act as the liaison for workers compensation case management with insurance providers and factory management
- Understand all requirements under the facilities’ environmental permits and communicating such requirements to facility management
- Develop, complete and file all necessary documentation and/or reports in accordance with applicable reporting and record keeping requirements
- Identify, participate in and/or lead agency inspection response requirements
- Understand solid and hazardous waste laws and regulations applicable to the facility’s wastes, identifying hazardous and non-hazardous wastes, and ensuring the proper management and disposal of such wastes
- Track and communicate site SHE performance to site leadership teams; participate in site communication meetings as required
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Performs other duties as required to maintain an efficient operation.
- Works in a neat and orderly manner and minimize loss.
- Follows all company and customer safety policies and procedures.
- Responds to change productively.
- Bachelor’s degree in safety, environmental, engineering, or other relevant field
- 5 or more years professional safety experience in an OSHA regulated manufacturing environment
Knowledge & Skills:
- A background in safety, health, and environmental in a manufacturing plant environment is required
- The ability to disseminate applicable company policies and procedures as well as laws and regulations to Team Members not familiar with such.
- Possess the skill and resourcefulness to successfully present to and train Team Members on all levels. Must have the ability to impart principles of safety to any Team Member, in a way that the training is understood, with the desired results demonstrated through the safe actions and behaviors of recipients.
- Must have creativity to utilize internal and cost-efficient resources to accomplish goals and initiatives.
- Ability to work independently but also ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- The ability to fluently read, write and speak English. Spanish a plus.
- Strong knowledge of safety principles.
- Experience in ISO 14001 and 45001 compliant management systems preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed. Working in a geographical region which may include several sites, travel to each site on a regular basis is required. Periodic overnight travel to sites outside of the region is also required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock when in the operations or laboratory areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but due to open office environment noise level may occasionally be high.
Prince provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
- Pay Type Salary
- New Johnsonville Plant, 795 Foote Lane, New Johnsonville, Tennessee, United States of America