Parker Poe, 1075 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America ● Parker Poe, 110 East Court Street, Greenville, South Carolina, United States of America ● Parker Poe, 620 South Tryon Street, Charlotte, North Carolina, United States of America ● Parker Poe, PNC Plaza, Raleigh, North Carolina, United States of America Req #276
Tuesday, June 21, 2022
Become part of the Parker Poe team that – for more than a century – has represented many of the Southeast’s largest companies and local governments. We are a tight-knit firm that values the person beyond the lawyer or professional. Because of this, in addition to structured integration efforts, you will find that mentorship, professional development, and internal referrals happen organically. If you want to join a collaborative team providing sophisticated legal services – without losing sight of our calling to give back to our communities – this is the place to be.
We are not utilizing agencies to fill this position.
The Trademark Paralegal will support the Intellectual Property practice group. This is a nonexempt administrative position that reports to the Office Administrator and assigned attorneys. There are no direct reports to this position.
The Paralegal will work a regular schedule as determined by the Office Administrator and/or assigned attorneys. The typical schedule will consist of 7.5 hours per day equating to 37.5 hours per week. Additional hours (including overtime) will be required on occasion.
This position can sit in one of the following office locations: Atlanta, GA; Charlotte or Raleigh, NC; or, Greenville, SC.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate and manage trademark filings worldwide
• Prepare trademark applications and monitor their status
• Prepare drafts of correspondence and documents responding to trademark agencies and offices relating to trademark application and registration filings
• Update docket of trademark-related deadlines
• Maintain a docket of active trademarks and trademark-related disputes
• Monitor trademark infringement matters, including some litigation support
• Record changes to the chain of title and security interests involving trademarks
• At least 3+ years of trademark experience preferred
• Paralegal certificate and/or college degree preferred
• Experience with preparation and prosecution of trademark applications and maintenance preferred
• Experience with trademark docketing software, and trademark trial and appeal board preferred
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and accommodate rush requests
• Must be a team player, willing to help other team members during peak times
• Superior computer skills, using Microsoft Office Suite
• Outstanding verbal communication and writing skills
Parker Poe is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes recruitment, employment, promotional and all other personnel decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Parker Poe, 1075 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
- Parker Poe, 110 East Court Street, Greenville, South Carolina, United States of America
- Parker Poe, 620 South Tryon Street, Charlotte, North Carolina, United States of America
- Parker Poe, PNC Plaza, Raleigh, North Carolina, United States of America